bad translator gave me

"The direction of the hospital. I see that the door at the bottom. Skin, mucous membranes, Leo. God is a dog. "

I was hoping he'd dial down the pretense a bit for his next album but it doesn't look like it.

as long as he's able to maintain the balance of "sincere effort to examine & deconstruct weird pop culture ephemera without descending into jokey irony" and "yeah guys i know how goofy this stuff looks, just enjoy the tunes dudes" i'm cool with it

stoked 4 this, still haven't heard latest EP

cant wait for alco to reference 38 library records that opn stole for this release

but only after John Ehrlichman tags him in

i don't think it was alco who sample spotted from what i remember. He was just pointing out the ridiculous/uncanny similarity between that Claude Larson album and then we discussed the interesting nature of OPN jumping from channeling Tangerine Dream to something more indefinable in the middle (Replica) and then to channeling claude larson 100% perfectly (r+7). (the last part is not serious, since literally only one of the songs Alco posted sounded like OPN, which if Daniel was intentionally channeling it on a track just makes him cooler in my book. I'm not anti OPN, i just didn't think R+7 was a strong followup to rifts or replica. the multimedia/videos that accompanied the album were awesome though, if it was just a DVD and not an audio-only type of presentation i probably would have loved it out of the gates)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

very very excited!

edit:

I was hoping he'd dial down the pretense a bit for his next album but it doesn't look like it.

as long as he's able to maintain the balance of "sincere effort to examine & deconstruct weird pop culture ephemera without descending into jokey irony" and "yeah guys i know how goofy this stuff looks, just enjoy the tunes dudes" i'm cool with it

stoked 4 this, still haven't heard latest EP

you must man, it's bonkers I haven't heard something so fresh and powerful since i first heard boc, aphex and ae.

Edited by MIXL2

all purpose, what im looking for are pictures like the ones of Lollapalooza back stage with Eddie Vedder drinking the bile from that guy's stomach in Jim Rose circus while Trent and Al Jourgensen laugh in the background

bad translator gave me

"The direction of the hospital. I see that the door at the bottom. Skin, mucous membranes, Leo. God is a dog. "

Damn, this album is going to be deep.