bad translator gave me

"The direction of the hospital. I see that the door at the bottom. Skin, mucous membranes, Leo. God is a dog. "

my dogs name is Leo. accident ?

cant wait for alco to reference 38 library records that opn stole for this release

but only after John Ehrlichman tags him in

i don't think it was alco who sample spotted from what i remember. He was just pointing out the ridiculous/uncanny similarity between that Claude Larson album and then we discussed the interesting nature of OPN jumping from channeling Tangerine Dream to something more indefinable in the middle (Replica) and then to channeling claude larson 100% perfectly (r+7). (the last part is not serious, since literally only one of the songs Alco posted sounded like OPN, which if Daniel was intentionally channeling it on a track just makes him cooler in my book. I'm not anti OPN, i just didn't think R+7 was a strong followup to rifts or replica. the multimedia/videos that accompanied the album were awesome though, if it was just a DVD and not an audio-only type of presentation i probably would have loved it out of the gates)

holy shit claude larson sounds indeed similiar to OPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbsFQJxVTQ4

I hope it's better than the last album.

I'm still willing to give this guy a shot due to his almost universal praise.

have you had a listen to replica, stephen?

Negative but it sounds like maybe I should give it a try?

I hope it's better than the last album.

I'm still willing to give this guy a shot due to his almost universal praise.

have you had a listen to replica, stephen?

Negative but it sounds like maybe I should give it a try?

You might not like it at first but the album grows on you so hard. tempted to put it in my personal top 10

No more waveform on the site tho.

Replica is a good album to listen to if you didn't like r+7. It's different from all of his other stuff.

Edited by gmanyo

Replica is the only one I'm not too fond of. :catface:

Will continue to keep trying it out but when I hear it...eh. Everything else he's done is awesome, though.

replica is my fav. then rifts...

Still havent given commissions a shot and i really havent got off to r+7 at all (after listening a few times)

Very exciting news. Again, I hope that some of the material from his NIN tour appears on this: that shit was excellent.

replica is my fav. then rifts...

Still havent given commissions a shot and i really havent got off to r+7 at all (after listening a few times)

imo replica is the most "human" sounding, has a ton of personality

rifts is this ethereal untouchable thing that sounds like it was channeled from another dimension

r+7 is kinda in the middle ground where sometimes it feels like an abstract interpretation of life, other times it feels like a human interpretation of living through abstract concepts

Again, I hope that some of the material from his NIN tour appears on this: that shit was excellent.

+1

A Memory Vague-esque DVD of the visuals with the tunes would be ace too.

are there any pictures of Trent and Daniel broing out together?

I really hope that there are pictures of this out there. That would be lovely.

poor forgotten returnal, I still like you

Returnal is the last chronological entry in his discography that I really like. I just do not get Replica and R+7 at all... but Comissions II is one of the most intriguing things I've listened to this year, I'm hoping to get my head plugged in to this next release and ride the OPN hype.

I discovered OPN with his last LP on warp and have since tracked down is albums. Really love the progression in his work, one of the best around imo..

Maybe the best new artist on warp, will be great to see where he goes with this

Guest bitroast

For sure for sure.

Returnal is one of my faves. Russian mind/rifts stuff. So much good stuff.

I find replica good but not great (love the first half, second halfs good too).. It was a departure from the ambient sound at least so its hard to hate it. It's a very BRAVE record. Heh. R+7 drifts back into brilliant territory again :)

Anyhow, what im getting at is.. Im a big stupid fanboy and love all the releases more or less. Couldnt be more stoked to hear new lp.

I discovered OPN with his last LP on warp and have since tracked down is albums. Really love the progression in his work, one of the best around imo..

Maybe the best new artist on warp, will be great to see where he goes with this

Definitely. I feel like he was signed right before the influx of bad artists