IGNORED

Rolando Simmons - Magic Crystal

New EP (digital/cassette) from Rolando Simmons aka trackermatte, out now on Caoutchou.

https://caoutchou.bandcamp.com/album/magic-crystal

(someone please tell me how to embed the bandcamp player :emb: )

Rolando Simmons lives in a desolate coastal town of Sweden and divides his time between a creaky old townhouse and two rural homes. The dreamlike environment of meadows, grasslands, hills and lakes, combined with his fascination for Drexciya, AFX and Isao Tomita inspired Rolando to make this odd fairy tale music.

Similar to his heroes, Rolando uses a bunch of hardware: Alisa 1387, MS-20, MC-4, SQ-1, Blofeld, Machinedrum, TX-7, 606, Poly-800, Filterbank 2, VSR-3 reverb which all ends up in Renoise. Other inspirations include Sibylle Baier, Jandek, Vashti Bunyan and Debussy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

immediately purchased thx

edit: what a surprising treat this is. Didn't think I'd get new Rolando Simmons today!

Almost through my first listen and this is really great, top notch. Proper mastering as well.

Sisters on the shore is my favorite first listen around!

ya i buy every trackermatte, rolando thing that comes out.

New EP (digital/cassette) from Rolando Simmons aka trackermatte, out now on Caoutchou.

https://caoutchou.bandcamp.com/album/magic-crystal

(someone please tell me how to embed the bandcamp player :emb: )

Rolando Simmons lives in a desolate coastal town of Sweden and divides his time between a creaky old townhouse and two rural homes. The dreamlike environment of meadows, grasslands, hills and lakes, combined with his fascination for Drexciya, AFX and Isao Tomita inspired Rolando to make this odd fairy tale music.

Similar to his heroes, Rolando uses a bunch of hardware: Alisa 1387, MS-20, MC-4, SQ-1, Blofeld, Machinedrum, TX-7, 606, Poly-800, Filterbank 2, VSR-3 reverb which all ends up in Renoise. Other inspirations include Sibylle Baier, Jandek, Vashti Bunyan and Debussy.

Guest cult fiction

Picked up, great art!

This will be the first release I'm going to wait for the cassette before listening, should be special

There are some brilliant melodies in here. Sorry to rave so much as this has only been out a day but it's a really solid release lol.

I listened to it 3 times yesterday :rolleyes:

i want to get a cassette but i'm moving soon and don't want it to end up at the soon to be old address, nevermind. (no don't hold one back for me, that would be madness, let the good people make their purchases, fulfil their dreams).

Archived