IGNORED

µ20 (non-Bleep Edition) 3CD / unreleased traxx comp

Guest bitroast

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must be pretty annoying for anyone in the IDM world who isn't Aphex Twin. It seems in any given interview, almost inevitably you will be asked whether you know RDJ, and to share an anecdote.

If Mike P had found the question annoying I don't think he would've obliged the interviewer with a 2-3 paragraph answer. He seemed happy to expoud.

the mu store download puts all three discs in the same folder, no distinguishing track numbers either. annoying. good listen so far though, though I've only realised the ordering is wrong half an hour in.

Now patiently waiting for the book to show up in my mailbox. Planet µ (with Rephlex) is my very favorite label : I wouldn't have loved electronic music that much without those two imprints. I still remember the day I bough my 1st two µ records, Swarm & Dither and Full Sunken Breaks... that was 13 years ago.

Longue vie Planet µ!

Ps: KFW, some new Hrvatski pls. pls.

Back in the day I saw orbital and u-ziq supported orbital at the Cambridge corn exchange. I knew nothing of warp skam and rephlex back then. His set was so different to orbital. And I later found Lunatic Harness And later to discover his lable. First planet my lip was Venetian Snares ‎ Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-2006.

32 less tracks.

Vinyl Tracklisting

A1. Kuedo - Slow Knife (2014)

A2. µ-Ziq - Cherk (2014)

A3. Remarc - Thunderclap (Dubplate Mix) (2009)

B1. DJ Diamond - Dozin (2014)

B2. Ital - Digi Dub (2015)

B3. Mr. Mitch - Phantom Prophet (2015)

C1. Traxman - Nothing Stays Tha Same (Funk Bomb Remixx) (2015)

C2. Ekoplekz - Detroit (2013)

C3. Claude Speeed - Center Tech (2014)

D1. Venetian Snares - Meeting A Buddha (2013)

D2. Jlin & Fawkes - Ankou Celeste (2015)

D3. DJ Nate - Awww Baby Yea (2014)

E1. Machinedrum - Le Ol Skool (2011)

E2. Luke Vibert - Starchild (2011)

E3. Vex'd - Firestar (2003)

F1. Jega - 103 (1997)

F2. John T. Gast - Congress (Original Version) (2015)

F3. Slag Boom Van Loon - Butch (Speedy J Remix) (1999)

I grabbed the 2 CD version in the store the other day—might still spring for the bigger one later? Soon?

Unsure. Anyway, I only listened to CD 2 so far this morning but it is FIRE. Wow, did I love it.

CD1 is full of top tunes.

Really enjoyed Keudo, Herva, Ital, Mitch, EkoplekZ, Claude Speed, Ital tek, faltyDL, boxcutter and Snares

So yep, instantly enjoying most of them! Still don't really get the footworky stuff but some of these might grow on me as I'll be listening to this a lot.

Archived