IGNORED

New Order - Music Complete

"New Order will return this autumn with their first album in over a decade, Music Complete.

Largely produced by the band themselves, with a couple of tracks of helmed by The Chemical Brothers Tom Rowlands, Music Complete features vocals from Brandon Flowers, Iggy Ppop and La Roux.

The first track to be unveiled from the album, however, is a straight-up New Order offering titled Restless, which finds the group contemplating life in the modern world. The single will be available on vinyl, CD and digitally on October 9, while Music Complete is out on September 25 on CD, download and limited edition clear vinyl. There will also be an eight-piece deluxe vinyl collection including the album plus extended versions of all 11 tracks on coloured vinyl."

I'll check it out. I think I've got all their albums up until Get Ready and they all get regular spins. Though If I'm honest I'm not expecting much (probably because there's no Hooky)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got it today. Album is solid but the mastering (on a few tracks) sounds like Hudson Mohawk (i.e utter shit).

If you liked their 1989 album, 'Technique', you'll enjoy this.

JNJqL8Ho.jpg JAoYtZBv.jpg

I really like the synths and production on Plastic, though the vocals remind me of Pop era Bono, and some of the lyrics are pretty cringey (especially on that first single...yeeeee). New Order's been on my discogs-to-check-out list forever. I should probably get on that before checking out the new album.

• 1 month later...

I whipped through this on youtube and didn't like it, and being old school I have that voice in the back of my head telling me that mostly all of my favorite music I never liked that much on first play. Still, I chose to ignore that and decided to invest my time somewhere else click click click click....

But these tracks keep coming on the radio and are getting better and better and proving me wrong.

Archived