IGNORED

Autechre @ Dekmantel 2015

Draft78

They said in the AAA that they never really sound good on them plus they commented the systems at Berghain and Bloc were poorly set up too.

yeah fucking berghain totally ruined the last two berlin shows with incredibly shitty sound. plus it wasn't dark at all and full of annoying berghain people.

i'd much prefer a theatrical / concert hall setting like the dekmantel one next time

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They said in the AAA that they never really sound good on them plus they commented the systems at Berghain and Bloc were poorly set up too.

yeah fucking berghain totally ruined the last two berlin shows with incredibly shitty sound. plus it wasn't dark at all and full of annoying berghain people.

i'd much prefer a theatrical / concert hall setting like the dekmantel one next time

The Dekmantel one really wasn't that dark either imo.

Expectations. I love Autechre, live they are untouchable, but that said, the sound is not always as dynamic and full spectrum as one would expect. Rob Hall's records were 100 times crisp clear full bass rounded 'complete' than ae live, and this was in a dedicated electronic music club which even got in EXTRA bass bins for the show, Dublin xmass 2015, it was almost perfect, but one would expect the insanity to be at eleven, they played at perhaps seven on the dial, it was a very comfortable and pleasant listening level, perhaps they did not want to disturb patrons conversations!?!?!

I have had the pleasure of seeing ae many times since ’95, live they really toss that electricity in your brain like a wet salad on a hot day, their shows really are therapy and your mental conduits are purged of ‘normal’ music/life for days or even weeks after. They make me smile a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the pleasure of seeing ae many times since ’95, live they really toss that electricity in your brain like a wet salad on a hot day, their shows really are therapy and your mental conduits are purged of ‘normal’ music/life for days or even weeks after. They make me smile a lot.

lovely idm poem

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from the description:

When the pair recently laid down an impressive set at Dekmantel Festival, we asked if they might be up for a doing an early inspiration mix, whereby they put together a collection of the sort of electro and hip hop tracks that turned them on as youths. At first they hesitated, pointing out that "we don't do strictly retro stuff, it's too corny.” But alas, a few days later, a huge file landed in our inbox… That file is a 4 hour and 18 minute mix that basically encapsulates not just Autechre’s own influences, but also acts as a fine anthology of the greatest electro sounds of all time. Every sub genre imaginable gets touched upon along the way, with nods to forefathers like Kraftwerk, killer cuts from Man Parrish, classics from Newcleus and retro gold from the likes of The Beat Club. It is a thrilling ride and a truly rare treat that reminds us just why we love Autechre, as well as shining a light on a vast genre that often pays second fiddle to house and techno.

edit: it's also downloadable. Nice option since soundcloud offers 128 streams

The Dekmantel one really wasn't that dark either imo.

And people were going mental near the front lol.

Actually that should be part of the show. Give the theatre audience infrared goggles so they can look at the ppl who are dancing in the dark

[insert bjork smiley here]

Also, damn.

Archived