IGNORED

ANKLEPANTS // Ikimasho! YouTUbe Session - who else do you want to guest?

Guest jar

Wisp has been asked, many times! I'm hoping he'll eventually cave :)

Bogdan and Tim Exile also said yes at various points but it's so hard getting them to finally do it.

Good suggestions - PP Roy! Aint heard him in ages - is he even still goin?

AFX would obv be the ultimate but I dont wanna have to ask Ceephax or Jodey or anyone else to gimmee his email to even ask haha

Is he contactable through soundcloud do you know? 0.001% chance he'd even do it but would be nice to even know I knew he read it and had been asked.

If anyone has Vibert's email PM me it too :)

Wisp has been asked, many times! I'm hoping he'll eventually cave :)

Bogdan and Tim Exile also said yes at various points but it's so hard getting them to finally do it.

Good suggestions - PP Roy! Aint heard him in ages - is he even still goin?

AFX would obv be the ultimate but I dont wanna have to ask Ceephax or Jodey or anyone else to gimmee his email to even ask haha

Is he contactable through soundcloud do you know? 0.001% chance he'd even do it but would be nice to even know I knew he read it and had been asked.

If anyone has Vibert's email PM me it too :)

PP Roy just released a new (free) album last year - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84379-pp-roy-watch-the-doughnut-not-the-hole/

You can always try Aphex through the user18081971 account PM thing, good chance he'll read it. Other realistic suggestions: DJ Stingray / Sherard Ingram, Merzbow, Aleksi or Grant, Cylob, Vibert (just namedropping again :)) or maybe some of our EKT'ers? Enough to pick from!

Stingray's a good call! I saw him in Tokyo a few Halloweens ago.

Emailed cylob and global goon a while back but dont even know if their emails were current.

From what I remember Grant & Aleksi never got back.

A lot of the names Ehrlichman mentioned Ive never even heard of haha. Must be out of the loop, living in my Braindance era timewarp. Will check them out. Ta.

Stingray's a good call! I saw him in Tokyo a few Halloweens ago.

Emailed cylob and global goon a while back but dont even know if their emails were current.

From what I remember Grant & Aleksi never got back.

A lot of the names Ehrlichman mentioned Ive never even heard of haha. Must be out of the loop, living in my Braindance era timewarp. Will check them out. Ta.

You should try facebook for a lot of these artists instead of email.

Mark Fell, nice!

I also feature other people I like too - be it film, punk bands or whatever. It's kinda just a blog about shit I like and where I travel, if other people like it then thats cool too. Mark Cousins did this one about Japanese film, for example.

http://ikimasho.net/2015/01/13/mark-cousins-x-ikimasho/

I've been travelling a lot recently and have neglected this side of the blog, the guests I mean thats why I wanna do a few more. It's like a snowball effect probably. Getting Snares right at the start prob meant others took more notice.

CLARKS agent told me no outright ha.

David Lynch and AFX please :sleep:

One time I was emailing Lustmord back and forth and it actually got to the point where he said do you wanna do a phone interview in LA but I just wanted to know what music and movies and stuff he liked, not actually interview him so that never happened. That was stupid of me.

Has anyone on here actually ever seen lustmord live? I'd love to, still never have.

i saw him live here last month. he would be an interesting person to actually interview about movies and TV since he's done quite a lot of work on mainstream hollywood projects from stuff like the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers movie to the academy award nominated movie the Insider (where he uses neubauten for incidental music)

i saw him live here last month. he would be an interesting person to actually interview about movies and TV since he's done quite a lot of work on mainstream hollywood projects from stuff like the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers movie to the academy award nominated movie the Insider (where he uses neubauten for incidental music)

How was the show? Immense? It'd be one show that if it wasn't as loud and dark as I imagined it would be I'd be pissed off.

One time I was emailing Lustmord back and forth and it actually got to the point where he said do you wanna do a phone interview in LA but I just wanted to know what music and movies and stuff he liked, not actually interview him so that never happened. That was stupid of me.

That's cool, too bad it didn't work out. Maybe try Geir Jensen/Biosphere?

Tim Hecker?

Chrisitan Fennesz?

Alva Noto?

Weird Al Yankovic?

How was the show? Immense? It'd be one show that if it wasn't as loud and dark as I imagined it would be I'd be pissed off.

it was definitely a tactile experience, the sound was incredibly bassy and full. Easily the most powerful/clean sound system anywhere in the bay area. My only complaint was that other shows I've seen there previously sounded sonically more dialed in and deliberate. Maybe its unfair to compare but when Atom TM played, the live sound mix was seriously one of the most clean/punchy and intense things i've ever heard, Lustmord's bass was huge but not punchy or clean sounding, in fact i would describe it as pretty muddy/mass of sound. On a lesser quality (but still powerful) bass rig it probably would have sounded a lot better, but because this sound system is so clean and precise it sorta hurt the overall effect. It was like getting a massive body massage for 45 minutes. He also had projections going behind him that were sort of overshadowed by Cortini's visuals opening for him.

Archived