IGNORED

Album with best penultimate track

aar2697

Best penultimate track  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which [album-length release] has your favorite penultimate track?

• Incunabula - "Lowride"
    • Amber - "Nil"
    • Tri Repetae - "Overand"
    • Chiastic Slide - "Pule"
    • LP5 - "Arch Carrier"
    • EP7 - "Netlon Sentinel"
    • Confield - "Uviol"
    • Draft 7.30 - "V-Proc"
    • Untilted - "The Trees"
    • Quaristice - "Notwo"
    • Quaristice (Versions) - "chenc9-x"
    • Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae - "notwotwo"
    • Oversteps - "krYlon"
    • Move of Ten - "ylm0"
    • Exai - "recks on"

Had to go with Notwo on Quaristice. I've laid and listened to that track (the whole album) in the dark and it feels like you're transcending into another astral plane. Okay, a lot of æ tracks do that, but this one is particuarily awesome to me.

An artist friend of mine who doesn't listen to electronic music at all, has listened to Quaristice with me, and I remember him pointing out Notwo in particular saying that it sounds like both heaven and hell. and that he couldn't decide if it was blissfull or ominous. Anyways, I love how the sporatic chenc9 dissolves into Notwo. You just drift into a void. Kinda suprised I was the only one who picked it.

V-PROC is a close second.

Had to go with Notwo on Quaristice. I've laid and listened to that track (the whole album) in the dark and it feels like you're transcending into another astral plane. Okay, a lot of æ tracks do that, but this one is particuarily awesome to me.

An artist friend of mine who doesn't listen to electronic music at all, has listened to Quaristice with me, and I remember him pointing out Notwo in particular saying that it sounds like both heaven and hell. and that he couldn't decide if it was blissfull or ominous. Anyways, I love how the sporatic chenc9 dissolves into Notwo. You just drift into a void. Kinda suprised I was the only one who picked it.

Yeah, V-PROC is excellent. It seems on the surface that it's repeating the same loop over and over again, but there are subtle changes over time that just sounded so brilliant when I finally understood it.

I dunno it was definitely a toss up between Netlon Sentinel and The Trees for me.

Ended up picking Netlon as that track makes my earballs bleed every time I hear it.

EP7 is one I haven't listened to as much, so Netlon Sentinel didn't really ring a bell in my head cos I'm not as familiar with it. Just gave it another listen now tho, and yeah… it's a burner. Def one of my favourite's on the EP. I love how it busts into Pir. Pir is one of my favourites as well. One of their prettiest pieces, it starts off like Drane2 but goes somewhere different.

• 2 months later...

Just switched my vote to "Notwo." Definitely one of Ae's best tracks. Hits me hard. The sound of the universe.

Archived