IGNORED

Music similar to Autechre - Perlence Subrange 6-36

Guest nowhre

Nurse With Wound — Soliluquy For Lilith

Probably the closest to what you want, and an essential drone classic.

Current 93 — Live At Bar Maldoror

Another release with Steven Stapleton, but a few years earlier; not quite as droney, but the second track, "Only Shadows of Hooks" is a phenomenally eerie and trippy collage based on a short sample that's repeated for about 20 minutes or so.

Pawiyatan Kraton Surakarta Court Music of Kraton Surakarta

Basically ambient music that's been played for much longer than ambient music existed, but still a similar kind of thing to what you're looking for.

William Basinksi — The Disintegration Loops

You probably saw this one coming. No description is needed.

SleepResearchFacility — Deep_Frieze

Maybe not exactly the type of repetitive ambient you're looking for, but it's easily one of the best (and most ambient) ambient releases out there, and I think it has a similar vibe to 6-36.

Guest nowhre

Nurse With Wound — Soliluquy For Lilith

Probably the closest to what you want, and an essential drone classic.

Current 93 — Live At Bar Maldoror

Another release with Steven Stapleton, but a few years earlier; not quite as droney, but the second track, "Only Shadows of Hooks" is a phenomenally eerie and trippy collage based on a short sample that's repeated for about 20 minutes or so.

Pawiyatan Kraton Surakarta Court Music of Kraton Surakarta

Basically ambient music that's been played for much longer than ambient music existed, but still a similar kind of thing to what you're looking for.

William Basinksi — The Disintegration Loops

You probably saw this one coming. No description is needed.

SleepResearchFacility — Deep_Frieze

Maybe not exactly the type of repetitive ambient you're looking for, but it's easily one of the best (and most ambient) ambient releases out there, and I think it has a similar vibe to 6-36.

will be listening to these, thank you.

Steve Roach has a bunch of long ambient tracks, some meant to be played on low volume levels. I'd recommend starting with A Deeper Silence, maybe

Upon completion, A Deeper Silence was played back in "loop mode" for four months in Steve Roach's sleep chamber before being released.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Deeper_Silence

Dude's hardcore

Done to perfection:

I was just thinking yesterday that the whole Quaristice Quadrange is the most dub techno/Basic Channel influnced release from Ae.

basic channel are the closest things to gods that i have in my life.

aphex and ae are human geniuses but bc... it's spiritual.

ANYWAE - i would recommend all the variant releases... those new vortextual ones.. aurora's dream. also cv313. basically anything on echospace that's not deepchord because those are shorter grooves

Wait a minute, I forgot about the best recommendation there is for OP's request. Salt Marie Celeste by Nurse With Wound is perfect for this type of thing. It's just like Subrange 6-36 if it were absolutely terrifying from beginning to end.

another one done to perfection:

Wow I can't believe how much this sounds like an extended Oversteps b-side, great find.

I can't stop listening to that track, the reverb just does weird things to my brain. So beautiful ! I thought the name seemed familiar, didn't realize it was the same guy who performed under the Speedy J alias and made the brain warping Umfeld DVD....

I can't stop listening to that track, the reverb just does weird things to my brain. So beautiful !.

i'm listening to it for the last 10 yrs i guess and it only gets better...only gets bettr r rrr gets betteeeer

Archived