IGNORED

Why do you make music?

Guest D1Beard

Its a compulsion.

This. I feel like I have no choice in the matter, I must involve myself with music and sound to feel alive, doesn't really matter which medium/instrument, although polyphonic playing and composing has the most immediate appeal. It's the most natural thing in the world, pure and simple. I can go without it for a while but it's like breathing smog instead of fresh air.

This 1 is good 2.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imagines the people that got late to this thread spending more time finding something unique to say than writing music. lorl.

post some suggestions as to what they might write, heh.

It's not up to me.

I got quantum entangled with a 5th dimensional muse on an especially potent DMT trip and they relentlessly beam song ideas into my head. If I don't keep emptying the tank by making songs, the plethora of ideas will force out critical faculties from my grey matter, like language skills and hand-eye coordination, eventually ending in my death.

Guest D1Beard

It's not up to me.

I got quantum entangled with a 5th dimensional muse on an especially potent DMT trip and they relentlessly beam song ideas into my head. If I don't keep emptying the tank by making songs, the plethora of ideas will force out critical faculties from my grey matter, like language skills and hand-eye coordination, eventually ending in my death.

That's cool. I hope your beats don't suck

I'd go insane otherwise.

I start to feel wrong after about a week with no attempt at choons. It seems like the healthiest outlet (besides programming) for my neuroses.

This, sometimes even after like 2 days. I have no idea how I managed to live normally before making music.

I feel like shit when I'm just sitting around doing nothing at all. I wish that weren't the case, but I'm just the kind of person who has to get up and do something productive every now and then to avoid committing suicide. It kind of sucks, but I'm getting closer to finding a good balance. I rarely ever finish anything that I make, but just the act of being productive is enough to keep me content. The end result isn't important, just the amount of time I put into it.

It's not up to me.

Top post, would recommend to a friend.

It's not up to me.

That's cool. I hope your beats don't suck

That quality judgment is also not up to me, but people seem to like them and I keep getting booked to play them on soundsystems so...

https://soundcloud.com/fox-sounds/elevate-album

What you gonna do instead, maybe take up golf, tell me if I'm missing out or not.

Yeah, I'm getting all super rich. What are some other rich sports besides golf? Maybe Polo. Or betting on horse racing.

When I first started to make music a few years ago it was mainly because I didn't like then-current trends in my favourite genre (darkpsy) and so set out to make something I wanted to hear. Since then I've spent much less time actually writing music than I have writing music software; the latter has developed into something of a compulsion.

What you gonna do instead, maybe take up golf, tell me if I'm missing out or not.

Yeah, I'm getting all super rich. What are some other rich sports besides golf? Maybe Polo. Or betting on horse racing.

I hear squash down at the club is a good way to spend money and meet other rich people too.

When I first started to make music a few years ago it was mainly because I didn't like then-current trends in my favourite genre (darkpsy) and so set out to make something I wanted to hear. Since then I've spent much less time actually writing music than I have writing music software; the latter has developed into something of a compulsion.

Got any up for download?

Got any up for download?

Nah, it's slow and buggy and has an interface that will likely appeal to nobody but me. I wrote it as a hobby rather than a competitor to existing software.

I hear squash down at the club is a good way to spend money and meet other rich people too.

Do you think Rich people are into irony? I'm thinking about wearing a wife beater? what do u think :o

Archived