IGNORED

Why do you make music?

Guest D1Beard

Do you know Python? I may write up some documentation and post it here at some point, would be good to get some feedback if nothing else.

I've been making some FM stuff in python (+numpy), it's fun.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you gonna do instead, maybe take up golf, tell me if I'm missing out or not.

Yeah, I'm getting all super rich. What are some other rich sports besides golf? Maybe Polo. Or betting on horse racing.

I hear squash down at the club is a good way to spend money and meet other rich people too.

Do you think Rich people are into irony? I'm thinking about wearing a wife beater? what do u think :o

Depends how rich, if you're up and coming rich I wouldn't recommend upsetting the sensibilities of club members, but if your great granddaddy founded the club, by all means, freak away. "Oh farqwar is just going through a stage".

Do you know Python? I may write up some documentation and post it here at some point, would be good to get some feedback if nothing else.

Sorry, missed this. I'm actually learning Python right now - trying to build a MIDI processor in it.

why? to get all the ladies, duh?

I used to joke about this but it has actually helped to get to know some girls.. but it's definetly not why I make music. I never even considered it an actual possibility.

only boyz approach to me and usually with something like: ''hey man that's some awsome shit man! frutti loops? yo kno skrighlexxx''

also, my gf is always somewhere nearby to me... with a flamethrower, watching

10 years ago I would make 10 sketches a day, with an intense drive to make up weird melodies. Guess it was inspired by Plaid primarily and classical music. So it was basically inputting notes into fl studio and working on that for ages and the production and sounds were an afterthought. I also listened to music 24/7. Had all kinds of ideas also. But that is now gone. Now it's like, I listen to music 30 mins to an hour per day, and the music I make is more about precision trying something original. Every sound matters for the track to be pure, and so forth. So there's like an intellectual idea ahead of any emotion that might be there. The emotion is more about making the track interesting to listen to for those who need emotion. I still try to do melodies and chords, and they can put me in a space, but I felt after a time that chasing chords and notes gets stale. I dunno what it is but it also becomes tiresome to listen to after a few years as well. Just need something more then

ALSO> atmosphere. i saw fear the walking dead and it stuck in my head all day. the atmosphere and colors etc was uncanny. its nice to capture that in a track and with a story and place to go with it. thats what the precision is about, nailing it down

in truth i like making things that sound nice when loud on sound systems, are artistically abstract and makes you want to dance.

i got stuck in the quagmire of buying load of equipment i dont like so im a a bit late to the party, but its getting there

So it was basically inputting notes into fl studio and working on that for ages and the production and sounds were an afterthought. I also listened to music 24/7.

Hah, I do/did that a lot. Make cool synth sound > noodle with it > expand noodlings into loops/song.

Guest kymppinetti

why? to get all the ladies, duh?

I used to joke about this but it has actually helped to get to know some girls.. but it's definetly not why I make music. I never even considered it an actual possibility.

don't fool yourself, you're in it just for the pussy.

Archived