IGNORED

Plaid - EGR45-00001

eh Speedy

F-U boss of Elektron!

No vaseline either! This mentality really grinds my gears. Music is meant to be heard! I've got nothing against vinlys, but vinly-only releases just ooze pretentious bumwank from those who commission them. Seems like I'm in the minority here but I find the fetishization of physical formats a bit absurd and have 0 fucks to give to limited edition runs 'n shit. We're talking music here, the ethereal, fleeting notion of aural compositions of melody, harmony, rhythm, noise, yadayada. It is not bound to the physical realm in the way paintings, sculptures, buildings and other forms of art are.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

m8 u just dont get it its more special if only 300 ppl can hav and sounds warmer with the loss of chunks of the frequency spectrum and limitations of the format and u get big square picture u can hold in hands like an art works and u hav to flip it over halfway thru so that makes u like it more m8

hipster-paste.jpg

When all the vinyls are sold and money has been made for charity I don't see why this couldn't appear on bleep eventually. Besides, if one of the tracks played in that video is on the vinyl, they already released it (in a form) in this podcast here. In fact, Plaided did not know the identity of the track when this podcast came out, despite knowing all the others, so the chances that it's the same one are high, although it sounds different here.

LOL my wish from a year ago came true!

Listening to this pretty obsessively, the production is just right for the soft Reachy Prints tracks. I hope they release those soft techno tunes from around 18 minutes onwards! And I mean in a different form than this, say vinyl!

:emotawesomepm9:

the Boss At Elektron Only wanted it to be Vinyl.

:confuzzled: ...and just when i decided to buy a macjinedrum. you'll never see my money, big boss! NEVER! :catrage:

*sie* I hate to ask this question ad nauseum but is there going to be a digital?

Pretty sure it's vinyl only.

It's 2015 already, fuck this gay earth

this pre-empted my thought process.

Very nice EP this, similar to some of the punchier tracks on reachy prints. Plaid are on a bit of a roll at the moment I reckon.

Just ripped it to wav so I'll be able to play it while walking to the post office to pick up the new afx ep - good times.

Didn't notice the earlier comment about the Elektron owner saying vinyl only. Like it matters: someone will rip it eventually.

It does matter to me anyway. As this is basically a green light from Elektron to rip the shit out of that EP. Personally I would hold out and wait for the digitals if I knew it'd come. Not so in this case, apparently. Although I do hope someone will post it on youtube first.

Guest bitroast

Got a nice quality rip, did a little EQ & compression to it to make it lush and compensate for shitty vinyl sound. Sounds great.

Excellent EP... lovely tunes.

Yeah brickwall that dynamic range to hell !!

:>

Absolutely quality EP. Serket L and Serket G as someone said earlier could easily be cuts off the latest album, interesting 7/8 time on Serket G but works well as a groove. Conserv is a lovely throwback to their earlier sounding stuff with classic squelchy synth timbres

There's a FLAC rip on what.cd that sounds cleaner than the vinyl rip, no clue where it came from but it sounds great.

Loving these tracks

Thanks, that was good especially the bit about how their user name came to exist. Still ain't heard this ep though, i don't own a turntable and i wouldn't know what to do with a flac.

There's a FLAC rip on what.cd that sounds cleaner than the vinyl rip, no clue where it came from but it sounds great.

Loving these tracks

are you planing to invite me to the page?

Archived