IGNORED

Chromatic! and! Frenetic! Hash!

Brisbot

Two hashy tracks, hope you enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/chromatic-hash-motherfucker-mix

A remixing of a track I did last year, this time for a different purpose. The original was faster, and more breakbeat, but this one is slower and (hopefully) more 4 to the floor-y.

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/frenetic-hash

I really like the vocal mangling on the first one, its great. I would say that the fairly simple bass and drumming pattern doesn't really carry it along in the same way that your immaculate breakbeat editing does in the second.

I really like the vocal mangling on the first one, its great. I would say that the fairly simple bass and drumming pattern doesn't really carry it along in the same way that your immaculate breakbeat editing does in the second.

Yeah I had meant for it to be a fairly short track. Like an inbetweener kinda track. I've started liking the idea of not forcing tracks to be 3 minutes plus. If Flying lotus can do it, so can I :)

What about the length? Do yoy think it makes more sense at the new length (I've reuploaded it). There aren't long repeats, and it surely they won't get tiring by 2 minutes.

Frenetic Hash is much more fully fleshed out and whatnot. Also spent a lot more time with it, which is probably obvious. N thanks for the compliments :)

Oh and, here's another mix of the track, this time a breakbeat based mix, after the long intro anyway:

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/chromatic-hush-very-wip

Frenetic Hash is my fav that you've got up on you SC, has been for a while too

Well that's good! I do like it too. Er, a random question, but were you the guy who tweeted it a month ago or so?

Guest 2080one

nice work. have you ever experimented with unquantized sloppier rhythms? i feel like that would take some of these to the next level

hey thanks for listening :)

You mean 'sloppy' right? Believe it or not Frenetic Hash is fairly unquantized. There are many beats that swing. It's hard to tell, since I basically chose the ones that feel most natural.

Ideally I'd make music in something with no sequencer, like Audacity. Well, if it was easier to do, anyway. Like having the ability to turn off the sequencer lines. They need that in all the DAWs anyway.

it's always nice to have rubber Johny on vocals xD
somehow i feel the same as 2080, all the sounds are really interesting and rich enough but composition wise i dunno, maybe it's because it sounds like an hip hop loop, shuffle those beats man!!!

Archived