IGNORED

Datach'i - System

posted by Joseph Fraioli on the WATMM facebook page

hey guys, so this is the first track I’ve released as datach’i in nearly 10 years smile emoticon FREE download of this track linked in the vimeo description if anyone wants it. modular datach’i album coming soon!!

https://vimeo.com/135915833

this is really amazing stuff.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is some of the more compositionally 'focused' music I've heard from a modular jam-out. Not that there is anything wrong with noodly sound design but it appears to be a particularly deep rabbit hole with modular synths so it's interesting to see a more traditional arrangement coming out of a stack rather than something like this:

This is some of the more compositionally 'focused' music I've heard from a modular jam-out.

definitely!

it's interesting to see a more traditional arrangement coming out of a stack rather than something like this:

haha, i understand what you mean!

This is some of the more compositionally 'focused' music I've heard from a modular jam-out. Not that there is anything wrong with noodly sound design but it appears to be a particularly deep rabbit hole with modular synths so it's interesting to see a more traditional arrangement coming out of a stack rather than something like this:

Haha, even worse was his 8 hour long monstrosity called Siddharta. Pretty sure you were trying to find that one. Hard to find since the video is "unlisted", lol:

^ click anywhere in the vid for gold

Edited by triachus

It feels like the goal of that is to get out of the computer and into something that while using pre-composed elements, is still constructed in real time. At least that's where my speculation is going. It certainly seems to be leading to something considerably different than what came before.

... It certainly seems to be leading to something considerably different than what came before.

No kidding! While I haven't heard everything he's put out, most of what I have heard sits comfortably beneath the breakcore tag. He really pushes the envelope with it:

Lush stuff, looking forward to more. What has this guy been up to all this time, anyway? Last I heard he was doing sci-fi sounds for movies and stuff.

Last year he released a collab album with Daniel Kessler from Interpol. The project is called 'Big Noble':

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/first-light/id937763498?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

• 2 weeks later...