IGNORED

autechre back-catalogue vinyl reissues imminent?

realthanks

It would suit The Plc Ccc sooo well to be on a side of crackly wax

Damn right. I think it would be a good idea to just omit Perlence Subrange 6-36, though, so it doesn't have to be a big 4-disc box like Exai. There really isn't any point to putting that track on vinyl, anyway.

they could digitally speed up subrange 6-36 by 4 times, cut it for 64 rpm on one side so we could play it back by slowing it down 4 times and still remaining some fidelity, cause there's little going on above 10k on the track anyway... :cisfor:

^ Well that obviously hasn't happened, LOL

It would be nice (similar to what they did with the EPs) to collect all the albums into a box set...

Oh, damn, there's those ellipsis again...

I think that would be way too expensive and counterintuitive to what the core audience wants/needs

but, you know...

they could digitally speed up subrange 6-36 by 4 times, cut it for 64 rpm on one side so we could play it back by slowing it down 4 times and still remaining some fidelity, cause there's little going on above 10k on the track anyway... :cisfor:

Post of the day award!

It could probably fit at 33rpm anyway.. I'm not at home to check, but I'm pretty sure the b-side of ovalprocess is 50mins long or something. It could just be cut really quietly, perhaps?

I was thinking of something similar.

I can get +/- 20% pitch on my decks, but I can also play at 78rpm so its possible for me :)

It could probably fit at 33rpm anyway.. I'm not at home to check, but I'm pretty sure the b-side of ovalprocess is 50mins long or something. It could just be cut really quietly, perhaps?

How the hell do you do that? I've never seen that before. I thought the SAW II vinyl release was pushing the boundaries, but this is ridiculous.

holy shit weird, nobody presses sides that long anymore. it used to be fairly normal with old classical music but its just virtually unheard of this day in age. i should listen to it again to see how it holds up (not the album because its one of my favorites but just the vinyl vers)

• 1 year later...

Archived