IGNORED

I need help with a personal problem I've been having

drillkicker

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in Peru and it hasn't solved any of my issues. Looking forward to getting home now.

I don't really have any problems anymore. Reading James Joyce has convinced me that I have nothing to give the world that he hasn't already exceeded, so I'm feeling content. I still want to explore South America, though. It's always seemed like a very interesting place to me, and I know very little about it.

hope it doesn't smell.

South America is pretty sparsely populated, so it shouldn't be too smelly. Most of the continent is empty desert, grassland, mountain, and rain forest afaik. (Could be wrong, but I won't know until I'm there.)

Yeah, definitely. Most spiritual place in the world, that's for sure!

Also, a friend of mine who hitchhiked across the US recently will be helping me prepare for the trip. He'll inspect the things I have and lend me somethings. He's giving me the machete he took with him to stay out of danger.

lol wtf. don't take a machete with you.

Also, a friend of mine who hitchhiked across the US recently will be helping me prepare for the trip. He'll inspect the things I have and lend me somethings. He's giving me the machete he took with him to stay out of danger.

This!!

lol wtf?

I am in Peru and it hasn't solved any of my issues. Looking forward to getting home now.

I don't really have any problems anymore. Reading James Joyce has convinced me that I have nothing to give the world that he hasn't already exceeded, so I'm feeling content. I still want to explore South America, though. It's always seemed like a very interesting place to me, and I know very little about it.

When you travel through India, make sure you bring nothing to read but James Joyce's love letters. And when you're on a train, hold the book upside down while you're pretending to read it. Don't stop believing.

One thing is definitely don't go to maryland, it smells like horseshit and stinky fish everywhere

Not everywhere, but in certain areas that's true.

But I have it and now I don't know what to do with it. Should I save up for a gun instead?

When you travel through India, make sure you bring nothing to read but James Joyce's love letters. And when you're on a train, hold the book upside down while you're pretending to read it. Don't stop believing.

His love letters aren't serious literature, if you were unaware. I'd much rather read Ulysses while there, and not upside-down. I don't see the benefit in reading it that way. It would be more challenging to read, but not in a good way. I'm not planning on traveling through India in the foreseeable future, anyway. There are other places I would rather visit, so I'm going to prioritize them. I'm not sure if I'll ever go out of my way to go to India any time in my life.

Why did this thread get revived, anyway? Can a mod please close it?

But I have it and now I don't know what to do with it. Should I save up for a gun instead?

WTF. You're going on a journey, not to war. You're probably safer on your travels than back in the US.

WTF. You're going on a journey, not to war.

…you don't know that.

Hopefully you'll get to South America, lick a toads back, trip for 5 weeks deep in the woods and getting shafted up the ass by a tribe of badger worshipping tribesmen.

Now that's a story worth telling.

Until then? No one's fucking interested mate. Crack on with it.

Maybe pack an aardvark mask and skin? Put it on. Wear it. Look the part. Make grunting noises. Your asshole might be saved. Because I heard badger worshipping tribesmen fear the aardvark.

Hopefully you'll get to South America, lick a toads back, trip for 5 weeks deep in the woods and getting shafted up the ass by a tribe of badger worshipping tribesmen.

Now that's a story worth telling.

Maybe pack an aardvark mask and skin? Put it on. Wear it. Look the part. Make grunting noises. Your asshole might be saved. Because I heard badger worshipping tribesmen fear the aardvark.

Mark solved.

Obviously that is not true because people are still posting in this shitty thread. I bought a subscription upgrade so I could close it but for some reason my account hasn't been updated yet.

Archived