IGNORED

Help Venetian Snares

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

Trying SO hard not to be snarky about his modular synth but yeah I love the guy so I will buy some. Thanks for the heads up.

The problem is moving obscure electronic gear and getting a fair to good price can take a LONG time - loads of nice gear around here sits on craigslist for weeks unless it's way undervalued.

oh shit, wonder what happened? getting sued for a sample?

Yeah that was my guess too :| I hope the situation blows over quickly.

Trying SO hard not to be snarky about his modular synth but yeah I love the guy so I will buy some. Thanks for the heads up.

The problem is moving obscure electronic gear and getting a fair to good price can take a LONG time - loads of nice gear around here sits on craigslist for weeks unless it's way undervalued.

Ahhh yeah, shit :( Well at any rate I hope he doesn't have to sell it, would suck if it came to that.

Guest cult fiction

Also if he IS getting sued over samples and has any hope of winning/fair use, it would really suck to sell a bunch of gear because getting it back after may be tough to impossible

Suing an artist like Venetian Snares over sample usage seems like a really poor investment - you're not getting any multi-million dollar settlements there

If he was American I'd wonder if it was some insane medical bill or something but he lives in a civilized country

Also if he IS getting sued over samples and has any hope of winning/fair use, it would really suck to sell a bunch of gear because getting it back after may be tough to impossible

Suing an artist like Venetian Snares over sample usage seems like a really poor investment - you're not getting any multi-million dollar settlements there

If he was American I'd wonder if it was some insane medical bill or something but he lives in a civilized country

yeah i feel like with this in mind it would be unlikely for him to get sued in that sense. it would make me really annoyed that someone who treats samples as creatively as snares would feel the wrath of shitty, outdated attitudes to copyright.

Only a person with no soul would sue him for that. Then again, many are out there.

shit, now I feel bad for "acquiring" My Love Is A Dickbutt last night. will buy some shit. probably that Last Step joint, haven't heard it yet.

maybe now he'll be nice to JR.

what should i buy? i've never really given him much of a chance, heard some of his "breakcore" tracks a few years ago and was not interested. but i'm down to give him another go more than ever now. i previewed a track on last step and was into that...also previewed lesbians2 off affectionate and thought that was good

what should i buy? i've never really given him much of a chance, heard some of his "breakcore" tracks a few years ago and was not interested. but i'm down to give him another go more than ever now. i previewed a track on last step and was into that...also previewed lesbians2 off affectionate and thought that was good

Check out 'Moonglow/This Bitter Earth' for cutup jazziness.

Check out 'Moonglow/This Bitter Earth' for cutup jazziness.

And badminton

shit, now I feel bad for "acquiring" My Love Is A Dickbutt last night. will buy some shit. probably that Last Step joint, haven't heard it yet.

I don't think he was rude to JR, he just explained that he didn't want a subforum despite the massive demand. Fair enough went joyrex and that was all there was to it.

Also, the first thing that comes to mind when it's an artist in trouble all of a sudden for money, is taxes. Because you perform in so many domains, and receive income from so many different sources that it's hard to keep track. Maybe he was shortselling on the dow though.

nwae, bon chance monsieur funk.

Infolepsy!

I love that junglist revision of the Sesame Street classic.

Guest cult fiction

I don't think he was rude to JR, he just explained that he didn't want a subforum despite the massive demand. Fair enough went joyrex and that was all there was to it.

Yeah after reading his last interview the no subforum stance made more sense... he's a bit of a recluse who doesn't seem to like releasing music and doesn't like value judgements on art

^ I was going to post something in response to that but - while my post wasn't overly critical - I know that there are people here who don't like Snares (I myself have grown out of his stuff) and we shouldn't turn a nice thread into a snarkfest.

help A-Ron.

Got his entire discography torrented just to check it out. Honestly haven't given more than one album a listen. Will buy all his stuff though. Good investment.

I've only got a few VS releases. I don't know his stuff well at all. Picked up a few things off his bandcamp. Thanks for the tip on the jazzy breakiness of Moonglow...really like that. Badminton is cool too. Infolepsy....that's some craaazy shit!!!...but fun. Anything else worth getting?

I'm not sure what to say...I am willing, if reasonable, to fund whatever aaron needs here. Please, contact me through my watmm account if you have more information....

Secret Millionaire StephenG

Cash is kinda tight for me this month but definitely an opportunity to actually buy some of his older EPs. I'll chuck him some cash later. Real sad seeing artists you respect in finance trouble.

Archived