IGNORED

Donovan Hikaru - "CRS 2.0" / Limited CAS [Adhesive Sounds] out now

Lane Visitor

Donovan Hikaru - CRS 2.0 [Adhesive Sounds] CAS + Digital

a3558025094_16.jpg
Available now @
Limited Edition Cassette.

edition of 35 /// pro-dubbed on cobalt /// color jcard and pad print
cassette shells (program repeats on b-side)

• 0005674914_36.jpg
Dark, mysterious, and emotive, CRS 2.0 is a heavy concept EP based on the mind-bending 1997 David Fincher film, "The Game". All original production/composition as always, the release travels through plot/emotional aspects of scenes of the film, but is musically narrated from the perspective of CRS (Consumer Recreation Services) - the fraudulent corporation that scams Michael Douglas' character Nicolas Van Orton. CRS 2.0 is an imaginary mini-soundtrack of the movie, as if it were composed by Jim Feingold & co.'s stock composers and film score musicians, serenading Nicholas Van Orton during his "game" from behind the scenes. But it goes deeper- production on this EP was specifically executed with synths and drum machines (software versions/derivatives) made between 1993-1996, so as to capture the sonic essence of the era and atmosphere of the film's setting.

For those that want to travel even deeper down the CRS 2.0 rabbithole, there exists an additional supplemental secret tape "CRS 2.1" (one copy) that's currently hidden in San Fransisco, where the movie was shot. A key along with a special map will be delivered to an already chosen person living near San Fransisco, who will attempt to find the tape. In the meantime, a virtual puzzle (with limited players) is in the works that upon completion will grant access to a digital copy of CRS 2.1 as soon as the chosen one finds the secret cassette. Reserve a slot for the virtual puzzle at:

www.reddit.com/r/Vaporwave/comments/3b5a1j/the_next_donovan_hikaru_release_will_be_a_dark/

Stay tuned, and enjoy your game.

- DH Enterprises (CRS Division)

11911009_825825684203733_2067581139_n.jp

11938257_825825717537063_1403411795_n.jp

Track 4, "Sutherland's In On It" (Official Video) from CRS 2.0 EP:

next to Fight Club, it's the best Fincher to watch a 2nd time and be like "ahhh, that guy!" it took me several screenings to get the point of the toilet paper scene; testing him at an early point, and seeing him fail. then he had to be taught the rest of his lesson. an excellent set up of dominos.

Absolutely. I don't know if i can think of a period of more than 3 months apart where i didnt re-watch The Game since I saw it in theaters. I'm pretty loony-bin obsessed with every aspect of the movie and the atmosphere that surrounds it- hence part of why i made this ep lol

It's an underrated gem for sure- that ive known, but I'm actuallu kinda surprised at how few people are familiar with the movie since I've told ppl about this release... Like, how the hell does a movie this superb get so overlooked? Then again, how do the thousands of brilliant records get overlooked right?

next to Fight Club, it's the best Fincher to watch a 2nd time and be like "ahhh, that guy!" it took me several screenings to get the point of the toilet paper scene; testing him at an early point, and seeing him fail. then he had to be taught the rest of his lesson. an excellent set up of dominos.

Ah good point btw.. Thats cool! Never realized that...

Fun fact: did you know that the guy behind the stall asking NVO for toilet paper was played by one of the screenplay writers of the film? Pretty sweet lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived