IGNORED

I really wanted Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique to be better

Jur

Did you guys like this album?

Mu-Ziq_Duntisbourne.jpg

I understand the point of this album, and there are a few strong tracks on here, it's just that I feel like for the majority of the album it gets bland to a degree.

There are some fantastic tracks and quite complex and interesting melodies.

The first 2 tracks, strawberry fields hotel... rise of the salmon? Acid steak night?

All classic uziq tracks in my books.

One of the most captivating things about this album to me are tracks Old & Tired, where perhaps maybe we get a sense of what Mike felt like right after the divorce he went through. The track itself is short, fast paced and rather assertive, which is somewhat in contrast to the song title.

jur's looking to get yiked.

UWDuHoh.gif

Edited by Jur
  • Like 1

Actually yeah, I really liked that album. It's got a weird dark yet almost dreamlike surreal vibe to it. In fact I've been meaning to re-visit it recently.

• Like 1

I like it. It has a strong finish, though it did scare the shit out of me.

edit: I also love the cover art. It has a strong atmosphere, just like the music.

Edited by Chalybs

When it came out I hated it, frankly found it depressing, I realise it's meant to be melancholy tho obvs. Not really given it a chance since

also lol at Duntisbourne, I grew up a ways west of there but I know the area well

Thanks for the input guys, I'll probably go listen to it again.

I find the implosion distortion section of Drum Light to be a bit much in headphones. But thanks for reminding me to revisit this album soon!

I figured that was just Mike's catharsis coming out into track form, jumbled distortion.

This Woozy though

gFs9hcs.gif