IGNORED

rAndo.0\m/

Psychotronic

random_request.png

Ok, let me try to put as much random in there as possible and improvise tracks with that. I'm not sure i will reach 100%.

Track 1: luCifadar

Lets add a random lfo to the sample start position of the drum sample.

https://vimeo.com/138032050

https://soundcloud.com/psychotronic/lucifadar1

Track 2: Firg0LT

Lets add some randomnes to the pitch of the melody synthesizer. (ms20)

Firg0LT.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/psychotronic/firg0lt

Track 3: Firg1UP

Meta Firg.

Firg1UP.png

https://soundcloud.com/psychotronic/firg1up

Track 4: aNd NERDS w0W3d

Lets try another Synth and add some extra RND to the arp.

(+ Microgranny for vocals)

andnerds.png

http://soundcloud.com/psychotronic/and-nerds-w0w3d

when the drum pattern starts choppin' n glitchin' you know it's real! loved the noise beginning, with rusty metal sound. i also like the vocal-vox like elements throughout the track. very nice rythmic works! maybe some melody breakdowns could make the track seem more like a whole experience of expresion. wow i love the synth in the last minute of the song!
how did you create such detailed and evolving beats and rythmic patterns?
-good work, amazing rythmics! (:
-nice atmosphere

maybe some melody breakdowns could make the track seem more like a whole experience of expresion.

yes, and one of the samples annoys the heck out of me after a few days. So i might exchange it with a melody capable one. I can feel you on that.

wow i love the synth in the last minute of the song!

ms-20 makes love to the bluesky :catbed:

renoise beat programming sliced through the octa using a controllable random lfo selecting the start positions while manipulating the rest of the samples parameters with scenes or manually.

(and 2 years of practice with the octa)

You basically move kinda like this while playing this setup:

maybe some melody breakdowns could make the track seem more like a whole experience of expresion.

yes, and one of the samples annoys the heck out of me after a few days. So i might exchange it with a melody capable one. I can feel you on that.

wow i love the synth in the last minute of the song!

ms-20 makes love to the bluesky :catbed:

renoise beat programming sliced through the octa using a controllable random lfo selecting the start positions while manipulating the rest of the samples parameters with scenes or manually.

(and 2 years of practice with the octa)

You basically move kinda like this while playing this setup:

BRILLIANT! i have also thought about buying into some elektron stuff, especialy the octa and the rythm, as you having experience on the octa, what is your take on it? it seems with the patterns of rythm that you were able to create, that it has quite much to offer (:

what is your take on it?

Well, i basically created a template into which i can feed any kind of sample material. I play my sets as improvisation, feeding samples into that template and exchanging them. On the octa you can do everything on the fly, it's a real time programmable machine. Tracks like this one are small test runs for that. Samples can be sliced up front and save with that meta data. So i normally have very long samples and just exchange them on the templated tracks. This is btw. only one workflow you can implement with the octa, there are many others. It does not force you on a specific workflow, you need to find one yourself via experimentation.

I am seriously considering buying octotrack. congrats!

Lol, dataline did the same to me, it seams to spread through videos. Wait?! :cerious:

The octatrack is the ring virus transmitter. In time a dead japanese girls hair will grow out of the display. I knew it! Gawwwd damn you sadako! :wtf:

The manual of the octa states that i could send midi to it to reprogramm sequences. Maybe i could create a randomizer patch with reaktor to randomize programmed the sequences on the fly.

I need a big red trigger button for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Completely random music is impossible to make, because all randomness has to have some sort of limitation. There are way too many necessary constants for total random music to exist. That doesn't matter, though, because randomness is boring.

Your musick here is great, though, despite not being complete randomness (or rather because of that).

Archived