IGNORED

RIP Wes Craven

Rubin Farr

Of all the major horror directors I have probably seen the least number of his films but Scream and Nighmare on Elm Street are pretty great. What else were his best? I saw Last House on the Left but it wasn't my cup of tea.

What? NOOO

Only recently finally took a look at Wes Craven's New Nightmare, it's actually pretty great. I actually liked it a lot better than Scream.

Oh, man, (personally) really loved New Nightmare. . . it was a very interesting take on the whole mythology of the Nightmare series. . . loved the whole meta aspect . . . .

Sadly, heard recently that they were (again) going to try and re-boot the series. . .

Really sad to hear this this morning. I had just been thinking about Wes the other day and checked imdb last week to see if he had anything in production. I was fascinated by the guy for a long time, listening to his interviews and hearing his director's commentaries and being fascinated, the guy was intelligent as hell, he was an English professor before he made Last House on the Left (a ballsy move). All the grisly stuff he put on screen had a theory behind it, also a bit of a technical wizard bringing some wild ideas to life in-camera back in the 80's. He was a philosopher & a damn nice guy as well. Would have loved to have met him.

Wes, i'll be watching my Hills Have Eyes double disc set this weekend in your honour. With director's commentary on.

220px-Hillshaveeyesposter.jpg

Archived