IGNORED

Ae Interview

Kavinsky

But I have to tell you: I am a father of two children and want to be able to provide something for my teenage kids. That is not always the case financially and it really breaks my heart.

Fuck that hurt. A lot.

man i would pay so much money for more AE. can we do a kickstarter to help autechre raise their family? How much would you guys be willing to pay for a copy of just one of the unreleased autechre live sets in soundboard quality from post-Untilted?

They could start by just repressing their back catalog on vinyl already!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the guy mentions collaborations with fennesz, roedelius and zoviet:france - i knew about z:f, but the other two?

They mentioned before in the AAA thread they did a concert together with Fennesz+Roedelius somewhere early 00's. I think I remember AE saying they were pissing off Roedelius because he probably expected them to play mellow stuff ala Amber.

more info: http://autechre.net.ua/en/articles/article11.htm

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/4558-autechre-fennesz-roedelius/

that thread needs to be bumped

But I have to tell you: I am a father of two children and want to be able to provide something for my teenage kids. That is not always the case financially and it really breaks my heart.

Fuck that hurt. A lot.

man i would pay so much money for more AE. can we do a kickstarter to help autechre raise their family? How much would you guys be willing to pay for a copy of just one of the unreleased autechre live sets in soundboard quality from post-Untilted?

Nice one. I'm in, with a minimum of 100 GBP / 150 USD

Sam pls

"dad can you take us to hot topic?"

"i'm skint lads...but check out this sick pad"

sam pls

lolz

I really wish I had an excuse to give Ae more money though. Like, they release consistently, but I think maybe their contract with Warp isn't the best, and they can only tour so much and it be profitable. If they had more options to release under other labels or monikers, they might be able to diversify their audience somewhat, increase their revenue perhaps.

Fuck that hurt. A lot.

Sam pls

guys please,

put back your wallets\\* ! \whatever you kids rock with these days,

can't rem exactly what i said in that interview but sounds like it got fwd/rvs/translated really lazily, certainly didn't start moaning about not being able to afford kids etc...

we are doing really well lately (surprisingly well tbh), no need for charity handouts just yet

Fuck that hurt. A lot.

Sam pls

guys please,

can't rem exactly what i said in that interview but sounds like it got fwd/rvs/translated really lazily, certainly didn't start moaning about not being able to afford kids etc...

we are doing really well lately (surprisingly well tbh), no need for charity handouts just yet

but it doesnt say you cant afford kids just that it breaks youre heart no beeing able to afford everything 4 them.

or is even that wrong ?

tbh i didnt expect you guys to say something like that either. It doesnt fit the ae vocabular .

Fuck that hurt. A lot.

Sam pls

guys please,

but it doesnt say you cant afford kids just that it breaks youre heart no beeing able to afford everything 4 them.

or is even that wrong ?

tbh i didnt expect you guys to say something like that either. It doesnt fit the ae vocabular .

yeah! they should have said ''the blood pumping machine'' instead of ''heart''

Fuck that hurt. A lot.

Sam pls

guys please,

Thanks for clarifying Rob. I feared that some kind of misunderstanding would happen, although I really tried to re-translate from the German translation as accurately as possible. It could very well be that the guys from the radio station made everything sound much more dire than it really is...

Glad to hear that you are doing well and I'm looking forward to new music!

Good to know. Also since Rob is reading this thread, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for not telling me to piss off like I deserved on either of the occasions when I got all up in your face drunken-fanboy-style.

I still tend to think Sam backed down coz of leaking live set talk, that is prohibited at all costs, even child support can't break up the code. That was close to a real crowd-funding campaign start, coz kidz touch you in unexpected places.

Archived