IGNORED

Reaktor (pricing, version, stability, NI, 2015)

Guest skibby

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up being komplete being on sale for november. Not reaktor :(

If you just got Reaktor 5 somewhat recently I really would not worry about upgrading. There's tons of crap in 5 and 6 isn't a game changer. I don't feel pressured to upgrade until a sale happens.

• 5 months later...

i really wanted to play with the blocks stuff and was just about to finally pull the trigger on a full priced upgrade to 6 until i realized that blocks are all mono...?

• 1 month later...
Guest Morphy

For anyone still on the fence about upgrading, blocks are based around core and so version six has increased the value of what's happening in the user library. This Euro Reakt collection is awesome and could easily be worth half the upgrade price. Blocks are all mono but you can easily reuse their code in polyphonic projects. I treat them like packs of baseball cards.

Guest Morphy

Making the Blocks polyphonic wouldn't be straight forward but there are examples of that in the UL. It's a well thought out framework so you will know where to go in every block to find it's DSP engine and it should usually be trivial to pluck that out and use it in a polyphonic environment. That part of the code isn't inherently poly or mono.

I seem to remember it going for about £100 last time they had a sale on Reaktor (not as an upgrade price, but as a full purchase). I was tempted but had recently purchased Max and didn't want to crazy learning too many things at once

that's half off yeah? so i'd expect like half off for the upgrade. they did a promo end of last year that was some other percentage off coupon for their products not 50% but i was willing to go ahead and bite. unfortunately it wasn't applicable to r6 upgrades =[

Archived