IGNORED

Perezvon - Orange EP

Perezvon

Hey watmmers I've just released a new EP called Orange. It's about a colour you can't wear yet that looks so good.

a3081164223_10.jpg

I've been a little obsessed by orange these last few months for some reason. Reading Dunes and seeing Mad Max didn't help. Thought it would be some nice theme for an EP. Overall tempo is faster for my previous stuff. Got some soft crunch in it and various sounds, all self-made, with the exception of some manipulated drum machine samples in "Suhbtre".

This has actually been mastered by our very Antape, who did a fantastic job ! Many many thanks to him. Pretty proud of all this.

It's up on Soundcloud and Bandcamp, hope you enjoy it !

https://soundcloud.com/perezvon/spannungsbogen

https://soundcloud.com/perezvon/suhbtre

Thanks a bunch guys !

You're reassuring me 2080one, some friends of mine told me Dunes sounded Chinese or something. They didn't mean it in a wrong way but oh boy that's far from what I had in mind when making this, that's funny :emotawesomepm9:

Dunes is the highlight I think. Very lovely. I plan to listen again later I liked it that much. I pressed the heart button and everything ;)

I think Dunes is also my personal favorite!

funny, now you write about it I kinda know what your friends meant about the melody sounding Chinese (it has probably something to do with the scale you used i guess?) but it wouldn't change the way I hear and appreciate it, I don't think you should bother about that really. I really can't explain why but for me the EP sounds french lol! It's weird because the music is pretty different but when I started working on it I had to think about Rone (I just know the album Spanish Breakfast).

I'm not really bothering about this sounding Chinese, it really just is funny!

I really can't explain why but for me the EP sounds french lol!

Oh I've been told this too actually lol, but I wouldn't know how to define french sound either. I've barely listened to Rone, didn't enjoy it much.

:beer:

• 3 weeks later...

This EP is great, a lot of personality in the tracks, lots of replay value. Will definitely be following your bandcamp page.

The mastering is great as well, everything is clear and punchy, nice one Lucas.

I'm not really bothering about this sounding Chinese, it really just is funny!

I really can't explain why but for me the EP sounds french lol!

Oh I've been told this too actually lol, but I wouldn't know how to define french sound either. I've barely listened to Rone, didn't enjoy it much.

:beer:

ha. i didn't realize rone was french. i also probably wouldn't have drawn the correlation unless you mentioned it, but now i can't not hear it...

nice so far

also my current favorite hoody is bright orange x_x

This EP is great, a lot of personality in the tracks, lots of replay value. Will definitely be following your bandcamp page.

thanks Seth ;-) mix was already very good so praise should go there too! I'll up my mastering thread soon because it's been a pleasure working on that and I can't wait working again for watmm music!

cool this is getting more feedback / sorry for starting the thing with the Rone association :happy: didn't mean that bad though, the connection I saw had simply something to do with what I would describe as a certain "freshness".

Listened to this again on my walk to work today. I think this is my favourite watmm release to date though I have to admit to not listening to much. Really digging it. :music:

thanks Seth ;-) mix was already very good so praise should go there too! I'll up my mastering thread soon because it's been a pleasure working on that and I can't wait working again for watmm music!

cool this is getting more feedback / sorry for starting the thing with the Rone association :happy: didn't mean that bad though, the connection I saw had simply something to do with what I would describe as a certain "freshness".

That's what I understood eventually!

Listened to this again on my walk to work today. I think this is my favourite watmm release to date though I have to admit to not listening to much. Really digging it. :music:

NOICE :catbed:

Archived