IGNORED

Champions League 2015/2016

Adamovich

jesus fucking wept. twice, we score and concede literally a minute after.

must have been a good match for neutrals - that second wolfsburg goal was lovely - very well crafted by drexler.

Anyhow, thank fuck we're out - I hope we crash out of the europa as well. At least we played some attacking football for a change.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal a bit unlucky there, had plenty of chances, though Suarez should've had a couple as well. Welbeck made a difference when he came on, but they still badly need a better striker if they want to compete for the top honours. Giroud will do well enough over the course of a season, rarely turns it on when it matters though.

How the fuck the Ox doesn't score in the first half is beyond comprehension.

To be honest, based on the run of play I thought Arsenal was going to nip it 1-0. Should have done more off their (rare) free kicks.

Also Dani Alves is still the most despicable cunt in football.

Ah Alba's was bad (and also hilarious to see him square up to Giroud, who's like a foot and a half taller than Alba), but I suppose it's my historical aggravation with Alves that makes anything he does worse for me.

If Giroud had gone down they might have had to play with 10 men but by being honest we potentially lost out, and you can bet your arse most of their players would have acted like they'd been chinned. Cunts.

not that I'm bitter or anything.

Why do some footballers feel the need to act in such a way. They look like complete twats. I understand trying to get any edge you can get but c'mon. At the latest it's seen in the replay how much of a fool they are.Besides wouldn't it be better to see the challenge to the end and perhaps get a legit foul or better win the ball and start a counter, instead of quitting and flopping around in the hopes of getting a free kick?

• 3 weeks later...

What the fuck was Juve thinking. How you gonna sit back and take 35 minutes of crosses from Bayern with Lewandoski and Muller attacking the ball in the box. Great stupidity.

Shame, would have loved to have seen Juve go through.

Wonder what a Pep Bayern vs Barcelona match is going to look like.

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfsburg Wolfsburg Wolfsburg!!!!

Draxler is just a joy to watch. Can't believe that side is only 8th in the Bundesliga.

The second leg is going to be mental, if Wolfsburg can nick an away goal...can't wait to see the reaction from the fickle Madrid fans. I do fancy Madrid, just barely, and also because apparently Wolfsburg are shit away from home (they were not great at Old Trafford, have read elsewhere they don't play well in the road).

The Atletico-Barca second leg will be pretty tense as well, still fancy Barca though.

What a ridiculous round of quarter-finals.

Ronaldo scores a hat-trick in the second leg to pull Real Madrid through.

An underwhelming-in-the-league City dust off PSG

Atletico Madrid pull off the unbelievable and dump out holders and favourites Barcelona - and in the second leg Messi didn't get a touch in the opposition penalty area

Bayern just pip a heavy underdog.

Some crazy crazy matches. Can't wait for the draw - do they match up the madrid teams in the semi or try and make it an all madrid final. Same with Pep's Bayern and Future Pep's City. Madness.

Good lord the Bayern-Atletico semi is mouthwatering. Bayern need some pace back in their CBs, best hope Boateng returns sooner rather than later.

They will be much more difficult for Atletico though, 90 minutes of crosses in to Lewandowski/Muller? Fuuuuuuu

Madrid/City is interesting because you never know which side is going to turn up for both of those teams. Could either be wildly entertaining or humdrum.

I can watch Atletico play Real in La Liga. Atletico would destroy Man City. So the Atletico Bayern match is going to be the most interesting one left. But out of the possible combinations for the final, Bayern v Real would be the best outcome.

BVB will be strong contenders next year, they need to inject a bit of pace into their central defense. Hummels is amazing as a ball playing CB but he needs to be partnered with someone like Chris Smalling. God that would be a scary central defense.

That plus a bit more discipline in their pressing decisions and they'll be very tough. Atletico will be in CL again next year. I don't even know what I would change on that side. They're so good as a unit. And unlike a certain Dutchman, Simeone's philosophy has actually been implemented well.

Archived