IGNORED

Talk about the new Autechre album like you already have a copy

hello spiral

So far in chatmm we've had:

'man, I love that inside out sequence in glrB0'

'i love the part that was just an unedited 20 min field recording of a morris dancing festival'

'the bit where Sean sings in G1055olaILi@, fuuuck'

'Rob's trombone solo on iknorite_13 is great'

'I loved the melancholic mandolin solo on "we've run out of watmm threads to reference"'

'too bad they went with "Twelp" as album title though'

'I thought it was 'Tweld'?'

'depends on how you decipher the greeting card sound module inserted in the sleeve'

'what's the japanese bonus track like?'

'it's a generative m3u file, just cycles forever and never repeats, quite good'

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really liked the subtle and glitched up but yet discernible vocal sample saying "red bulls, drink 'em" at the end of "samwise_0/0", an ae nod to the most important patron of electronic music of our times, most likely.

Guys if you hold the sleeve up at 45° to an infrares bulbs and squint, you can clearly see a likeness of a drinks vending booth. Or should that be a "kiosk"?

I don't get it

Give it 4 years and 2 more albums then it will all become apparent. And remember, you probably not listening to it correctly

I'm just not feeling the last third of the album, except for imbellick [1-1w]. That one is just so great, like they wrote a hip hop track but then replaced the bass drum with a sampled triangle sound, and how the snare sounds so wet i swear my ears were waterlogged lol just classic AE but still so futuristic 9/10.

EDIT: just listened to 7xxmeltt again and it won me over for the second half of the album (lol I still can't believe they called it IZ cause that's like 12 but in letters! LOL they're so clever) gosh though the album is just so good and the opener proppybote is such a fucking headtrip man i saw multicolored stars when the bass dropped in the last 8 seconds of that 9 minute ambient opening.

EDIT2: does anyone else think tDR dropped the fucking ball this time? I mean, come on. Minimal is cool, but just a sheet of blank tracing paper with a tiny 'ae' stamp on it? At least make it interesting.

EDIT3: Blerp fuckd up me order again mates crikey

I was a bit confused by the loud slurping over all the tracks, until I realised it was my body making the noise

I stopped my body slurping and on second listen, I loved all the loud slurping over all the tracks

The blank pages in the booklet were very shiny, except the bonus sheet of sandpaper which I used for a bit of woodwork IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :wink: (I don't)

I was a bit confused by the loud slurping over all the tracks, until I realised it was my body making the noise

I stopped my body slurping and on second listen, I loved all the loud slurping over all the tracks

The blank pages in the booklet were very shiny, except the bonus sheet of sandpaper which I used for a bit of woodwork IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :wink: (I don't)

fucking lel

I was really worried when i read that miley cyrus was futured on this new album, but the end result is pretty awesome. Thankfully these tunes are as chart worthy as any other miley song.

IIRC I read somewhere that the inspiration for the cover art came from a book page that one of Rob's kids spilled tea on. I guess he liked the look of the tea stain so much he sent it to tDR as design inspiration for the cover art. Can anyone confirm which book he was reading?
I've noticed if you look at in the dark it looks like there's not even a tea stain on it!

Also I guess there's rumored to be a very exclusive 15 hand numbered DMM Vinyl pressings exclusive to Japan that have actual tea spilled onto the album cover with matching picture disc records. Supposedly each one is done with a different one of Rob and Sean's favourite teas?? WTF??!!

With threads like this one we don't even need another ae album. Next level shit! This is how i pictured a watmm space odyssey would and should end like. The only thing that's still missing is alcofribas' final stamp.

alco pls

Alco bte

Archived