IGNORED

Erik

nature

Some tracks have a sound so much like RDJ it seems impossible that its not his music. Then other tracks sound so different its impossible for it to be his music. I AM NOT at all saying I think its RDJ, just want to make that clear.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some tracks have a sound so much like RDJ it seems impossible that its not his music. Then other tracks sound so different its impossible for it to be his music. I AM NOT at all saying I think its RDJ, just want to make that clear.

Yep... The timings, the notes, the sounds. I don't think it's RDJ either but whoever it is has done a lot of listening and worked hard on his music.

Yep... The timings, the notes, the sounds. I don't think it's RDJ either but whoever it is has done a lot of listening and worked hard on his music.

I completely agree.

damn thought the new one was "Dirk CANT whistle this"...lol - (Dl'd that one when it was posted then lost it-now its gone.). Lovin this track tho.

I don't remember one called that. When was that?

little bit before he deleted his tracks.

damn thought the new one was "Dirk CANT whistle this"...lol - (Dl'd that one when it was posted then lost it-now its gone.). Lovin this track tho.

I think that was a recycled track with the name changed from memory but I may be wrong.

I think that was a recycled track with the name changed from memory but I may be wrong.

You are right. I think two of the new ones are. Now, here is the aching question. Do I keep the old title, or change it? I might not sleep tonight.

im on the fence about this one, some of it sounds very aphexy but at the same time it sounds like someone who might also just be a very good producer is going through all the leaked soundcloud tracks and trying to make as many that sound stylistically similar in a very short period of time. So far there isn't anything here that has absolutely unbeatable aphex break programming or aphex acid lines (close on the acid lines, but no cigar)

Until i hear something absolutely telltale not biting

Guest cult fiction

to me they sound like very modern interpretations of old aphex stuff, production wise i hope nobody is being fooled thinking htese are pulled off old dats(if you think so, go back and listen to the afx releases that would theoretically be from the same era like ab3)

it's definitely nice to listen to, they should drop the mysterious am i afx? schitck and release a record or two!!

The Erik tunes (around 90 of them?) were released at the same time as the Soundcloud 'dump' - Would be impossible to create that many, at such high quality that quickly. Whoever it is knows how to make a decent tune.

im on the fence about this one, some of it sounds very aphexy but at the same time it sounds like someone who might also just be a very good producer is going through all the leaked soundcloud tracks and trying to make as many that sound stylistically similar in a very short period of time. So far there isn't anything here that has absolutely unbeatable aphex break programming or aphex acid lines (close on the acid lines, but no cigar)

You may need to read the whole thread and the other one on the 'possible RDJ soundclouds' John as Erik has never claimed to be Aphex. He was inspired by the RDJ soundcloud dump to dig out a whole load of tracks he did twenty years ago and upload them. He was then contacted by a producer and is in the process of having some of the tracks published. He also has set up a studio for some new tracks and my understanding is that he will re-upload the old tracks that are not officially published.

Hope that helps.

He was inspired by the RDJ soundcloud dump to dig out a whole load of tracks he did twenty years ago and upload them.

ok i got part of the story wrong but this explanation doesn't really make sense to me as at least to my ears they sound like tracks made very recently trying to emulate the style of the varying genres of the Aphex twin soundcloud dump. Clearly they've been made by someone very capable because of the speed, im not sure how to explain why i think they were made so quickly, they just sound that way to me (but im not saying they arent good). Maybe there is some proof these are tracks that existed a long time ago that im missing. I think in the end Im just not up to snuff to post in this thread

Hey John,

Erik recently posted a new track also, I remember him linking me to it in another thread (maybe the "good soundcloud" thread or something?). It didn't sound the same stylistically as these old tracks.

I don't know what my point is. Maybe that his tastes in sound have changed over the years/the fact it sounded different lent some credibility to him saying he did these tracks ages ago...?

Either way, these Erik tracks are noice. =)

It didn't sound the same stylistically as these old tracks.

Either way, these Erik tracks are noice. =)

Totally agree. I can't put my finger on it but they are definitely different.

He was inspired by the RDJ soundcloud dump to dig out a whole load of tracks he did twenty years ago and upload them.

ok i got part of the story wrong but this explanation doesn't really make sense to me as at least to my ears they sound like tracks made very recently trying to emulate the style of the varying genres of the Aphex twin soundcloud dump. Clearly they've been made by someone very capable because of the speed, im not sure how to explain why i think they were made so quickly, they just sound that way to me (but im not saying they arent good). Maybe there is some proof these are tracks that existed a long time ago that im missing. I think in the end Im just not up to snuff to post in this thread

I haven't got proof but as this was what he told me I see no reason to doubt it. I tend to take people at face value.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived