IGNORED

24 - september 2015: Portland, OR @ Holocene

Draft78

I wanted to read that article, but those two big-ass Christy Mack banners destroyed my focus. I kept thinking about that tabloid story where her MMA fighter ex-boyfriend assaulted her and wanted to put a knife into her after raping and beating, so she fled through other people's yards naked and half-conscious.

I wanted to read that article, but those two big-ass Christy Mack banners destroyed my focus. I kept thinking about that tabloid story where her MMA fighter ex-boyfriend assaulted her and wanted to put a knife into her after raping and beating, so she fled through other people's yards naked and half-conscious.

Ever considered therapy?

What a show. Cygnus was a lot of fun too and Rob Hall had a nice DJ set.

Thanks for coming by, Autechre and company. It was great. It was like an hour of violated expectations, amazingly hard hitting lows, and a few cute cheesy moments that morphed into something amazing.

In the past, Brown and Booth would often create an entirely new set for live performances rather than replicate the complex musical arrangements from their recordings. But ever forward-thinking, Autechre's most recent releases have seen them devise a way of real-time recording that favors a seamless integration between process and form.

"That boundary is sort of gone now," says Booth, "because we want to get to a point where we can just spit an album out in real time. I'd say we are close to it, if not actually there already."

This definitely showed. It was decidedly Autechre and would have worked as a cohesive album.

yeah that was my 3rd (fourth?) autechre show and by far my favorite. It was definitely the kind of thing I wanted to hear from them which is a giant ball of algorithmic mass morphing from one thing to another for an hour straight. Everything was so seamless and would shift from a straightforward beat to some totally formless sound in a moments notice. Cygnus was great and I think he sold out his vinyl at the merch desk cause I wasn't able to buy a copy. Rob Hall delivered as always though no one was dancing :(

What a show. Cygnus was a lot of fun too and Rob Hall had a nice DJ set.

Thanks for coming by, Autechre and company. It was great. It was like an hour of violated expectations, amazingly hard hitting lows, and a few cute cheesy moments that morphed into something amazing.

In the past, Brown and Booth would often create an entirely new set for live performances rather than replicate the complex musical arrangements from their recordings. But ever forward-thinking, Autechre's most recent releases have seen them devise a way of real-time recording that favors a seamless integration between process and form.

"That boundary is sort of gone now," says Booth, "because we want to get to a point where we can just spit an album out in real time. I'd say we are close to it, if not actually there already."

This definitely showed. It was decidedly Autechre and would have worked as a cohesive album.

That was an awesome interview, btw.

Prays for a weekly train of unconscious knob twiddling album from the boys.

Archived