IGNORED

Autechre Live. Metro. Chicago, IL 09/29/2015

donotseemecricket

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time they were at the metro I introduced myself in the street outside the venue and rob was super chill and lush but sean looked like he was going to fucking kick my ass.

this just proves the theory that rob does the lush pads and sean does the hard beats imo

Last time they were at the metro I introduced myself in the street outside the venue and rob was super chill and lush but sean looked like he was going to fucking kick my ass.

this just proves the theory that rob does the lush pads and sean does the hard beats imo

haha was this before or after the show?

I'll be the dude with the AXIS t-shirt on.

What are the chances it'll sell out on a Tuesday night?

Hmm yeah that sounds how I would imagine them.
I was thinking of bringing my vinyl copy of Chiastic Slide I picked up yesterday in hopes of getting it signed… is it worth?

I was thinking of bringing my vinyl copy of Chiastic Slide I picked up yesterday in hopes of getting it signed… is it worth?

both of this things are highly not IDM imo. wearing an electronic music shirt that is unrelated to ae.... wtf.

both of this things are highly not IDM imo. wearing an electronic music shirt that is unrelated to ae.... wtf.

Yeah, I'm not gonna bring the record. I've just never gotten anything signed from an artist I like, so it was a thought.

I guess I never really use the term IDM. I know this is a forum where that term is used a lot, and that's fine, but to me autechre are just their own world of tehcno/electro… electronic music. I got into them through listening to techno, and AXIS is a Detroit techno label based in Chicago, and it's an electronic music shirt, and it glows in the dark, so I thought it would be fitting.

But really, who cares what you wear as long as you're having fun?

Yeah, I'm not gonna bring the record. I've just never gotten anything signed from an artist I like, so it was a thought.

I guess I never really use the term IDM. I know this is a forum where that term is used a lot, and that's fine, but to me autechre are just their own world of tehcno/electro… electronic music. I got into them through listening to techno, and AXIS is a Detroit techno label based in Chicago, and it's an electronic music shirt, and it glows in the dark, so I thought it would be fitting.

But really, who cares what you wear as long as you're having fun?

IDM is not a term here, it's a feeling. We use it as a metaphor for freedom of choice mostly. I believe Ae would be IDM with an Axis shirt.

Well in that case they certainly were IDM with my Axis shirt. Just got back to my home city. Was one hell of a show.
The Metro was packed. Great to see so many people out on a Tuesday night.
The sound was awesome. Came thru very clean and clear. Loved every minute of it.
Only downside:: I was hoping to score a Cygnus vinyl, but seems he must've sold out, cos they only had the æ merch, of which I got two shirts.

All in all it was a great time.
Perfect way to end September.

Thank you Rob Hall, Cygnus, and Autechre.

That was amazing. When I was taking the bus home I realized I haven't felt that clear-headed in ages. Some really cool bits from ae that I hope are on the new album, like those distorted vocal sounds and that bit toward the beginning the heavily-reverbed chirps that sounded like bats flying in and out of some massive cave. Cygnus' Eggshell remix was pretty neat too.

Btw cricket I realized you were standing right next to me for a while when ae first got on (I was the guy with black hooded sweater and big noise-cancelling headphones) but I hate trying to shout to people over live sound and had to book it home as soon as the show was over (work today, wooo) so my apologies for being antisocial hahaha.

Also, I'm curious if anyone here is one of the four people with Metro wristbands who sat across from me on the Green Line to Harlem and got off at Ridgeland around 12:40 AM, since it'd be cool to know other fans in Oak Park and all that jazz.

I'll be wearing a weird camo t shirt in case anyone wants to get all watmm stalker on me. I've never met any wattmers in real life and would be open to such a thing.

I was there, It was even better than I hoped it would be. I brought a friend of mine who is a techy death metal person. he was pretty blown away, he said it was sensory overload and he didn't know that was possible lol. I really hope that those sounds get released . the whole set was pretty aggressive. was about a two hour drive there for me. got the day off today thankfully. there was one part where they kept blasting this harsh brass sound that I had to cover my ears for a bit.

Guest hecanjog

I was there last night - a friend and I came out from Milwaukee. My first autechre show too & they were excellent!

Only bummer for me really was the hundreds of people shouting throughout the entire show...

Are there any bootlegs from this tour? The whole time I was wishing i could have been listening on headphones.

Archived