IGNORED

Autechre Live. Metro. Chicago, IL 09/29/2015

donotseemecricket

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that show was fucking great. Even got a chance to chat with them briefly after the show. Fucking cool guys, completely down to earth. Definitely did not get any vibes like they wanted to kick my ass or anything (although after reading that story about the last time they were at the Metro, I was prepared to deal with that, if it came to it). Quite the opposite: very welcoming and interested in meeting us. Cygnus asked our names, and Sean asked where we were from (my son joined me to the show, which made the experience even more memorable for me). Rob Hall was very cool, too. Now, I know that it's not "IDM" (sounds like WATMM-speak for "cool" or whatever) to ask for autographs, but I can't fucking help it, especially since I've been listening to these guys for ages and ages, and I drove three fucking hours each way for the show. But I asked them to sign my copy of the EPs box set, and they were totally gracious about it. Didn't even hesitate--so fucking cool. And Rob even commented that he liked the color of my sharpie (gold)--tee-hee!

Where'd you find them? I've been to a number of shows at the Metro and could never find where the musicians were hanging after the gig; I know that often depends on whether they want to meet with fans in the first place, but certain people I know just seem to have a nose for sniffing out the performers afterward.

Yeah, that show was fucking great. Even got a chance to chat with them briefly after the show. Fucking cool guys, completely down to earth. Definitely did not get any vibes like they wanted to kick my ass or anything (although after reading that story about the last time they were at the Metro, I was prepared to deal with that, if it came to it). Quite the opposite: very welcoming and interested in meeting us. Cygnus asked our names, and Sean asked where we were from (my son joined me to the show, which made the experience even more memorable for me). Rob Hall was very cool, too. Now, I know that it's not "IDM" (sounds like WATMM-speak for "cool" or whatever) to ask for autographs, but I can't fucking help it, especially since I've been listening to these guys for ages and ages, and I drove three fucking hours each way for the show. But I asked them to sign my copy of the EPs box set, and they were totally gracious about it. Didn't even hesitate--so fucking cool. And Rob even commented that he liked the color of my sharpie (gold)--tee-hee!

I was hoping to meet them too, I actually saw them duck out around the corner on the ground floor at the end of the hallway, and I kinda wanted to wait to meet them, but it's an hour and a half drive back to Milwaukee and I have class today and my girlfriend had an exam at 9 AM so we took off. Oh well, maybe one day. But I'm glad to hear that you were able to meet them and get some sigs!

Btw cricket I realized you were standing right next to me for a while when ae first got on (I was the guy with black hooded sweater and big noise-cancelling headphones) but I hate trying to shout to people over live sound and had to book it home as soon as the show was over (work today, wooo) so my apologies for being antisocial hahaha.

Oh no worries! Yeah I remember you! Those were some intense earphones. DId you end up using them? So many people packed in, I lost track of the people I was standing by at the beginning.

I had some earplugs in, but when I was dancing for the Cygnus set they kept coming out which was annoying. I really enjoyed his stuff. I'll have to hit up CPU and get some Cygnus vinyl.

I usually bring them as backup in case I can't get my earplugs in; my ears are either a weird shape or I just suck at putting them in so it's a 50-50 shot at any show it seems (I sometimes get mild ringing in my ears from fluid/sinus pressure so I'm super-paranoid about having protection on-hand at all times.) But I had the new high-def Hearos in which both fit and cut back the noise well so that was all good.

Yeah Cygnus was amazing, I really hope he has that Eggshell remix recorded somewhere.

ALCO review: i got fucking sick as fuck and didn't make it fml

*hangs up 'chre credentials*

A true fan would go as far as having someone wheel them in on their deathbed, sean pls.

Guest hecanjog

Are there any bootlegs from this tour? The whole time I was wishing i could have been listening on headphones.

He's new but this bloke is proper IDM.

Haha, thanks I think. :)

i can't believe that i, Alcofribas, missed an ae show.

please ban me

Obviously, pera's Vancouver review is alco in one-time disguise. Note the emphasis on sickness. Next level IDM. Just don't hack my account too, i watch my reputation carefully, alco's impersonation would be too much of a classy act.

edit: why pera? coz Vancouver's was at Imperial

Here you go.

Goddamn Chicago is a chatty crowd. One of my favorite things that I hear someone say at every Ae show is that they expected it to be weirder; always as a coded way to try and say they don't like it but want to keep their hipster XP.

Thanks for the recording! Can I ask where you and your friend were standing while recording?

Yeah, I was impressed how clear and powerful the sound was without being too overbearing or deafening. Which was good for my ears, but it did make it easier for people to talk… these two girls next to me were having a conversation and going on their phones and trying to take pictures… It wasn't a big deal, but just kinda took me out of the experience at a few points.

yeah the whole show was fantastic. Rob Hall, Cygnus, and Autechre. I didn't see any Cygnus records either! cool autechre shirts though. but yeah it was really chatty. i don't understand these motherfuckers who pay to see Autechre and TALK REAL LOUD DURING AUTECHRE the whole goddamn time! well, almost the whole time. the last 15 minutes or so was so fucking intense it got like slack jawed silence from everyone around where i was standing. the best i've ever heard.

and i hope this was a joke that i wasn't in on or something and if you're reading this good work or i feel bad for you but about halfway through the show or so some kid tapped me on the arm and asked who was playing. it was such an odd question that i was sure he wiped a booger on me or something but i said, quite put off, "UHH AUTECHRE" and he was like "what?! oh! they're on NOW?!" and scurried off.

overall a total dream come true though. THANK YOU TO AE CYGNUS AND ROB HALL. you all were amazing.

rant complete.

Here you go.

Goddamn Chicago is a chatty crowd. One of my favorite things that I hear someone say at every Ae show is that they expected it to be weirder; always as a coded way to try and say they don't like it but want to keep their hipster XP.

Thanks for the recording! Can I ask where you and your friend were standing while recording?

Yeah, I was impressed how clear and powerful the sound was without being too overbearing or deafening. Which was good for my ears, but it did make it easier for people to talk… these two girls next to me were having a conversation and going on their phones and trying to take pictures… It wasn't a big deal, but just kinda took me out of the experience at a few points.

I'm in SF, my friend who lives in Chitown recorded it. He said he was right up next to a speaker.

and i hope this was a joke that i wasn't in on or something and if you're reading this good work or i feel bad for you but about halfway through the show or so some kid tapped me on the arm and asked who was playing. it was such an odd question that i was sure he wiped a booger on me or something but i said, quite put off, "UHH AUTECHRE" and he was like "what?! oh! they're on NOW?!" and scurried off.

wow seriously? either they were a complete noob or were putting you on.

I was standing next to this guy from the Ukrane during Cygnus. When Rob Hall came back out for the interlude, I asked him what he thought and he said it was awesome and that he never heard Cygnus before. I then asked him how long he'd listened to Autechre. I think he said something about not being a big fan, but that he liked them. I also remember smelling some dank nuggs and jokingly asking him, 'where's the weed?' and he looked at me stone faced and said 'i have no idea' in the most serious, cold, tone. haha guess he wasn't a fan of the cannabyss.

Archived