IGNORED

The Austin Chronicle interviews Sean Booth

pizza

Good read. Unfortunately the not being able to make music for a living thing unless you've already established your career early on is all too real. But that doesn't mean we should give up on it, even if only a hobby.

Well and also, theres this funny idea in modern culture that you need to make money off of something for it to be worthwhile.

everything must be monetized!

Good interview!

The Cygnus namedrop made me check back into his work again. I remember some album which went too low tempo for my taste, so he got of my radar a bit. But having checked his bandcamp holy, he's well on his way to out-drexciya Drexciya. I'm expecting a Gerald Donald cooperation any minute now. OK, I need that cooperation. Expecting is a big word. ;D

Good interview!

The Cygnus namedrop made me check back into his work again. I remember some album which went too low tempo for my taste, so he got of my radar a bit. But having checked his bandcamp holy, he's well on his way to out-drexciya Drexciya. I'm expecting a Gerald Donald cooperation any minute now. OK, I need that cooperation. Expecting is a big word. ;D

I've seen him here on WATMM and ashamed to say I've only recently heard his music.

The guy who did the interview, Conor Walker, runs a cassette / bandcamp label called Obsolete Future that puts out a bunch of similar techno, mostly underground producers from Colorado and Texas I assume (where he's based out of). Cygnus was on this comp they did, which I highly recommend and bought locally last year. I thought it had some Drexciyan vibes myself.

Monetary gain alone should NOT be the sole purpose of making music tho...i.m.o.

How dare you try to define someone's purpose.

*belch*

Speaking of music and money, it's about time I ordered some of Cygnus's choons as well. He def rocked it at the first three shows.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived