IGNORED

The Truper & Sentinel Projects (Compilation)

BobDobalina

http://basement-records.com/truper-boxset

http://www.discogs.com/The-Truper-The-Sentinel-The-Truper-Sentinel-Projects/release/7491758

YUSSS. Man I've been hoping for so long that the Truper stuff would see the light of day, you know, apart from uber-limited 1994 dubplates. Blimey mid-90s Rupert Parkes has more skills in his pinkie than pretty much every junglist that followed.

This is how you chop breaks son:

Incidentally this track is also on Coldcut's 70 Minutes of Madness (where it's used to perfection)

Ceriously this is like amen manna raining down from the heavens. Anyone of the watmm-ardcore-junglist-massif caught sleeping will have their memberships terminated immediately!

Anyone know where the cd might be acquired stateside? The prices on the site make me shudder and that's before the exchange rate.

Also I've updated my av in honour of you, mr rupert parkes :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't resist picking up the cd - some of the sentinel stuff has dated horribly but the truper tracks still sound solid.

Still, glad I didn't spend sixty (!) quid on the vinyl in a moment of madness. A lot of people who pre-ordered are pissed because they're rips of the vinyl rather than the original DATs as originally promised.

I've bitten, some guy was selling this set new on ebay, accepted a cheaper offer + theres 20% off code for ebay at the mo brings it down to a kind of acceptable sub £50 inc postage. Disappointing to see such price gouging but I guess basement Phil probably has a mortgage to pay

• 2 weeks later...

There's a sentinel vinyl pack coming out too as well now. Slightly less money at 30 quid, maybe because some of the sentinel stuff hasn't held up as well? Still too expensive for me.

Maybe cos the original sentinel stuff isn't quite as hard to find as the truper vols, which were going for silly money. I reckon if you want these on vinyl at all, you're just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy now- theyre not gonna get cheaper

Archived