IGNORED

Recording @ Orlando 2015-10-10

Rpeg

Guest bitroast

Did up a quick cover for this if anyone else is interested.

wow. that's from the show?

do you have that without the text ? any more ?

:>

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did up a quick cover for this if anyone else is interested.

wow. that's from the show?

do you have that without the text ? any more ?

:>

Yeah, that was the stage setup when I first walked in. I attached the original photo along with a couple others, but they're all from my phone so they're not great. But you can see Cygnus playing & Sean/Rob setting up their gear.

post-5804-0-49215400-1444631593_thumb.jpeg

post-5804-0-15448700-1444631726_thumb.jpeg

post-5804-0-34398300-1444631757_thumb.jpeg

post-5804-0-18384900-1444631781_thumb.jpeg

Guest bitroast

I'm pretty happy with the quality besides a heinous amount of audience chatter.

actually perfectly captured one of my favourite things about autechre recordings :)

thanks for posting man.

Thanks for sharing, really a great recording! Best so far from this tour? I want to compile and upload the best to the download section so that they're easy to find later, which ones are also worth including?

NH & Chicago for sure. Chicago looses a point for missing the start. NH has more "space" to it than others I've heard, which is nice. Looking forward t this Orlando set in work after this mornings meetings..

.. lets not forget the Philly soundboard, pls :)

.. lets not forget the Philly soundboard, pls :)

what? there's a line level recording of a set from this tour??? pls. pls.

Only dicking with you, the "drunken rant" audio was originally posted as a Philly soundboard in the classic WATMM pranksterism tradition..

actually perfectly captured one of my favourite things about autechre recordings :)

thanks for posting man.

ah, glad the audience is not grating to you. I enjoy the crowd's energy and 'woo'ing but some of the background conversations really bother me. After re-listening it's not too bad - it was more distracting in person.

thanks for posting man.

ah, glad the audience is not grating to you. I enjoy the crowd's energy and 'woo'ing but some of the background conversations really bother me. After re-listening it's not too bad - it was more distracting in person.

At least with the audio you don't have to deal with all the blinding flashes from camera phones...

Awesome recording! Thanks! I was there too but I was only able to record with iphone. (My clips are on YouTube). IMO the bass was too loud (but I might be too old lol)--your recording brings out the mids and highs nicely. I also wish they would have played sooner. 2.5 hours of Robb Hall was more than enough.

Awesome recording! Thanks! I was there too but I was only able to record with iphone. (My clips are on YouTube). IMO the bass was too loud (but I might be too old lol)--your recording brings out the mids and highs nicely. I also wish they would have played sooner. 2.5 hours of Robb Hall was more than enough.

lol, yeah Rob Hall was great when I got there at 8, but by 10 I more than had enough of that. Would have liked more Cygnus or Autechre! But it was much better having him there then just playing music straight on the speakers.

Also, I've heard several ppl complain the bass was too loud.... I actually thought it was perfect!

I thought Rob Hall played a lot of good stuff, didn't recognize a single song but it was all entertaining electronic music which is what I went to hear. Also really enjoyed Cygnus bouncin around up there doing his thing, and it was nice that there was nearly zero downtime between everybody to keep things moving.

Autechre though, wow. Absolutely the greatest live performance i have ever had the privilege to hear/feel. Early on there was a sound like a phone ringing but it had such a lovely tone like it contained every from of communication and was fluttering up and away from Earth. Devastating hip hop rhythms like being in a low rider cruising back from the weed spot through the Marianas trench. Later there were blocks of sound moving around so large they would make the great pyramids look like grains of sand. A few times there would be a pause for probably not even a full second, and it would be enough to think it was over and you were satisfied, but then everything would come back and it was just thrilling that there was more. Towards the end some rhythms seemed to speed up but with a descending scale like everything was being respooled and stowed away, to wait for the next lucky individuals to hear them, and to live in my memory forever.

A couple sketches from before the show: 21959772838_13b96e4ee6_m.jpg22147609815_f31e9cfdb8_m.jpg

and after: 21959580960_bc76c3e353_m.jpg21526492043_0a8614e337_m.jpg

And another recording, not nearly as clear as Rpeg's but a bit more bass i think, starts just after everybody cheered when they came on stage.

Guest gregminton

I am sad to report that I am the guy screaming fck at :23. I just got a bit overwhelmed as it was my first ae show. Been listening to these guys since ep7. My wife got a good laugh out of hearing me on the recording.

Guest gregminton

right on. I do wish they would do soundboard recordings of this tour and release them on warp that would be amazing. ae live is a whole other genre. I think ae has earned a live album after all these years.

right on. I do wish they would do soundboard recordings of this tour and release them on warp that would be amazing. ae live is a whole other genre. I think ae has earned a live album after all these years.

they've earned at least 4 live albums. Would be game changing if they released what would pretty much the best live electronic record ever (and they could really just chose from any of the 4 last tours they did and it would still be the best).

Archived