IGNORED

EMS Synthi 100 up on ebay

Rubin Farr

I know where this is, only take 30mins to get there. I'll just sell my house and go and take a look.

don't you mean, don black balaclava, acquire van, change plates and pay a midnight visit? lol

Guest Chesney

it will be like one of those films when many people do something then the realisation that there is no sharing and the others have to be sorted.

I don't want to have to kill you pH1 ;)

it will be like one of those films when many people do something then the realisation that there is no sharing and the others have to be sorted.

I don't want to have to kill you pH1 ;)

just remember, i'll be the one armed with a crowbar ;)

the sad thing is that the chances of this synth landing in the hands of a musician with the intent to use it on a pubclicly released recording are about 5-10%. Its a fact that some of the coolest/rarest synths in the world are owned by gear-whore rich mother fuckers who don't make music and just tinker when they get stoned at night after their wife goes to bed. the recordings they make sound like the first time any one of us played with a eurorack system

Guest cult fiction

Not the same model, but I remember when I first getting into synths back in high school saying "I should get whatever synth they used on track 2 of dark side of the moon that shit was sweet" thinking it would be super cheap since it was 70's technology... oh the disappointment that followed.

Guest Chesney

the sad thing is that the chances of this synth landing in the hands of a musician with the intent to use it on a pubclicly released recording are about 5-10%. Its a fact that some of the coolest/rarest synths in the world are owned by gear-whore rich mother fuckers who don't make music and just tinker when they get stoned at night after their wife goes to bed. the recordings they make sound like the first time any one of us played with a eurorack system

Yep, breaks my heart.

All these lovely things all hidden away never to be heard.

buy the pub, you can make way more money with it than with a big old synth.

Who wants to make money? I just want to use the damn thing and have fun making music and weird blips.

buy the pub, you can make way more money with it than with a big old synth.

Who wants to make money? I just want to use the damn thing and have fun making music and weird blips.

maybe the seller will just give it to the right person, out of the kindness of their heart ;)

but if the idealist in us wants it to go to 'the right person' then start calling up the huge universities with music programs, that's as close as 'we' can get I reckon.

red-star-communism.png

but maybe if Dave Monolith can sell the Synthi, he can buy a lot of new gear and support our fellow travellers and comrades who are building new gear. (the good guys, not the capitalists of course.)

I always cringe when some of these guys share their gear on YouTube. It's really sad and feels like these sex tapes where some hairy fat prick humps a gorgeous model

Guest Chesney

maybe the seller will just give it to the right person, out of the kindness of their heart ;)

but if the idealist in us wants it to go to 'the right person' then start calling up the huge universities with music programs, that's as close as 'we' can get I reckon.

yeah, i'm def the right person.

I'm not sure there are that many hidden gems out there. But you never know. I think the analogue boom has filtered through to schools enough for someone to parp up and say "well, we had this thing for years" and there we go. I think if there are any big surprises (ex school) out there then it's going to be a scenario where someone has taken them a good while ago (80s) from the schools and sat on them and then maybe passed away and the family is left with hoard of stuff and these gems nestled amongst.

Totally guessing this though obviously.

Guest Chesney

99% of ragnar/dj saint-hubert's discography was made with Jeskola Buzz and a handful of reaper effects and VSTs. The other 1% was made in Mario Paint circa 1994

That brilliant, excellent work. But, what has that got to do with this playful thread?

Lets not take this thread into software vs hardware territory shall we. Any person worth their salt knows that they both have their place and one is not better than the other whether you spend thousands or just use things for free.

Archived