IGNORED

SYRO - Nominated for Mercury Music Prize

Malkmus

Full list of nominees has been revealed...

Aphex Twin 'Syro'
Benjamin Clementine 'At Least For Now'
C Duncan 'Architect'
Eska 'Eska'
Florence + The Machine 'How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful'
Gaz Coombes 'Matador'
Ghostpoet 'Shedding Skin'
Jamie xx 'In Colour'
Róisín Murphy 'Hairless Toys'
Slaves 'Are You Satisfied?'
SOAK 'Before We Forgot How To Dream'
Wolf Alice 'My Love Is Cool'

Can't say I've listened to any of those albums other than Syro, although there's a few I wouldn't mind checking out.

not bothered if its cool or not, also not sure if Richard would really want the recognition either.

BUT someone from WARP entered it in the competition - no idea if they would run that past Richard first.

I just think it has the potential for further interesting pranksterism from the man himself. Shortlisted Artists (not sure if all 12)

usually perform on the night or if he wins does he turn up or send his Twin etc.

What this does do, is render the SYRO packaging incorrect and outdated as it has no reference to cost of submission to the award in relation to the album. I for one demand that WARP re-issue the new packaging to include the following additional line:

Submission of album to Mercury Music Prize...........£ (whats £170+VAT divided by the number or units sold so far?)

Taxi from Scotland to London (Return).....................£ 750.

Bar Bill Venue...........................................................£ 1000

Abrakebabra.............................................................£ 23.50

who cares

i think it's cool

:ok:

Why?

because it's recognition for an artist who I think deserves it? isn't that obvious? I can't believe people are bitter about this

I'm not bitter, I just know that Richard doesn't give a shit about such awards anyway so who cares?

Didn't you know that?

who cares

i think it's cool

Why?

because it's recognition for an artist who I think deserves it? isn't that obvious? I can't believe people are bitter about this

I'm not bitter, I just know that Richard doesn't give a shit about such awards anyway so who cares?

Didn't you know that?

I'm surprised people here actually care about "rewards"... i thought idm people cared more about making rather than competing. not blaming or offending! just i thought.

who cares

i think it's cool

Why?

/jots down names of people that are too cool

/argh, i wondered what was wrong, why my brain couldn't focus whilst posting, i've still got that k-mart cassette archive thing going on in the background.

not bothered if its cool or not, also not sure if Richard would really want the recognition either.

BUT someone from WARP entered it in the competition - no idea if they would run that past Richard first.

I just think it has the potential for further interesting pranksterism from the man himself. Shortlisted Artists (not sure if all 12)

usually perform on the night or if he wins does he turn up or send his Twin etc.

What this does do, is render the SYRO packaging incorrect and outdated as it has no reference to cost of submission to the award in relation to the album. I for one demand that WARP re-issue the new packaging to include the following additional line:

Submission of album to Mercury Music Prize...........£ (whats £170+VAT divided by the number or units sold so far?)

Taxi from Scotland to London (Return).....................£ 750.

Bar Bill Venue...........................................................£ 1000

Abrakebabra.............................................................£ 23.50

lol ... maybe they did it gratis .. :emotawesomepm9:

watmm_2015-mercury-prize-afx.jpg

A400M_propellers.jpg

delet is speaking in language i understand

it's a 90's term though isn't it. So the proportion of users that would understand one would imagine would be shrinking.

bleSs.

Archived