IGNORED

Death Grips - Bottomless Pit

usagi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh so apparently all six tracks had names when you downloaded them, but the downloads were disabled and when they were re-enabled the names were just Track 1, Track 2 etc, as they are now.

These are the original names if anyone wants them:

01 slow loop 10

02 thow orbison 03

03 serpentine 02

04 real hard to make friends beat 09

05 first day at iras

06 goodnight everybody 10 remix

Nice, loving track 6

• 2 weeks later...

looks like we're getting Ex-Military levels of lyricism on Bottomless Pit:

I got crumbs biters bob and slum aye doe bite that aye doe aye doe aye doe bite that feeds the gank move biters eat the gank move fuck with me

Ride, hip hop's greatest storyteller

• 2 weeks later...

Best album since The Money Store, easy.

Goes even harder than I thought the Grips were capable of.

Hmm, maybe I'm being unfair since Death Grips ARE Death Grips but I find this (leaked) album just more of the same. The same sentiment I got from listening to the new Prodigy: this guys have been angry for so long it seems like a forced teenage angst for the sake of it. And believe me, I was one of the biggest DG fans just 2 years ago. I also loved the direction they were taking with Government Plates and then Niggas On The Moon, going away from the formula. Then came Jenny Death which is good in my opinion but it their first record I could pin down in a genre (punk) and somehow the band started getting this angry-for-the-sake-of-it symptoms (still, the song "The Powers That B" is one of the best of their material). Now listen, I played Bottomless Pit a few times and it is GOOD. Hell, it's catchy, fast, hard hitting. But I can't shake off the feeling that this sound was fresher 4 years ago when they released The Money Store and NLDW. And that I could very well get back to those records to get the primal fix.

yes! spikes was a standout for me too. i think that was the track where i realised death grips are still relevant to me.

i think they peaked too early and released too much too fast. when they slow down and we have time to reflect on their catalogue some of their other stuff will open up to me like The Money Store and Ex Military did.

Grab the 'extremely limited' vinyl while you can, it is yellow:

https://www.harvestrecordsmerch.com/

Actually surprised it's not sold out already. I really want it but i just can't justify the shipping prices to uk.

Also anyone know if you can buy a high quality download anywhere? Can only find mp3's.

EDIT: oops turns out it is sold out, sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived