IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

this is exactly the kind of shit that is like the most inspiring music ever and also just completely devastating, as in what is the point even trying when these guys are like 1,000,000 times ahead of everything.

7/10

lol

I agree. This is definitely next level shit. Far ahead of everyone else.

I am just wandering about lack of any promotion. Such a groundbreaking relaese and no reviews in 'professional' portals, not even a brief snipped/announcements (FACT being a small exception). Warp WTF?!?

I am just wandering about lack of any promotion. Such a groundbreaking relaese and no reviews in 'professional' portals, not even a brief snipped/announcements (FACT being a small exception). Warp WTF?!?

Maybe it is their intention to keep it as an exclusive fan-oriented release as possible... A marketing strategy to appeal to us (who see this as a true gift and what not)... Dunno just seems they want it to be small, probably ae themselves wanted to be this way

Edited by amad

Maybe cos promo is naff?

If you're looking for it you'll find it. If you're not, you won't.

still magnetized in front of my speakers with this. im intimidated by the amount of stuff to familiarize myself with,i keep just going back to krakow, but i see why they did it and fully appreciate it. for one thing, it showcases the improvisational abilities they've developed. i hope this is an impetus for the electronic music field to move in the direction ae has, and possibly to encourage the people involved in HD MIDI to get it out. it seems like such a gip to me that there is so much potential in vsts in a daw but it all depends on midi and its horrible resolution, without using inconvenient and cluttering work-arounds. maybe if more people are moving to max-msp so they can achieve these lush paramater changes the midi people will see the potential of going in that direction. clearly there is a lot of inertia to change midi as it is entrenched in so many devices and products in its current form

still magnetized in front of my speakers with this. im intimidated by the amount of stuff to familiarize myself with,i keep just going back to krakow, but i see why they did it and fully appreciate it. for one thing, it showcases the improvisational abilities they've developed. i hope this is an impetus for the electronic music field to move in the direction ae has, and possibly to encourage the people involved in HD MIDI to get it out. it seems like such a gip to me that there is so much potential in vsts in a daw but it all depends on midi and its horrible resolution, without using inconvenient and cluttering work-arounds. maybe if more people are moving to max-msp so they can achieve these lush paramater changes the midi people will see the potential of going in that direction. clearly there is a lot of inertia to change midi as it is entrenched in so many devices and products in its current form

I wish i could move in the direction ae has, but i just have no fucking clue how they did any of this

I wish i could move in the direction ae has, but i just have no fucking clue how they did any of this

flol misc ditto

they made their own protocols . no MIDI. youre right tho, better standards are long overdue

wait! what!? does that mean i could do a dublin myself as well? no f-ing way! that's awesome!

no prob man!

p.s. that was dubin. look how elegantly they started with krakow:

screen-shot-2014-10-23-at-13-41-16.png

I've had a crazy busy couple weeks (including moving house, film festivals, work, spending heaps of time in multiple cities, etc.), so only managed to listen to Utrecht twice, Dublin thrice and half of Brussels once. Absolutely adore them though, so pleasurable, similar yet different enough to invite giddy comparison. Still grappling with each release on their own terms, and getting to know them beyond 'that was mindblowing'. Also love the very idea of this release, and it will keep me going for some time, bravo Sean and Rob.

Utrecht was my first foray and I remember really enjoying every moment, like an ae box of chocolates, but ever since I gave Dublin a go it's all been about Dublin. Not that I prefer one over the other, and I think Utrecht has more accessible variety to it maybe, but Dublin is an undeniable and fleshy all-in albumy experience for me with room to breathe.

Need a good six months to begin computing these individually though. The car has been occupied by Porcupine and Jar of Flies recently, I think I'll leave these for days off and evenings.

Finally got around to getting these. I'm just about at the end of my first listen to the Dublin set. It's very impressive stuff, a real roller coaster ride. Can't wait to check out the other sets to see how they compare.

I agree. This is definitely next level shit. Far ahead of everyone else.

its sad , warp needs a max marketing patch imo

I keep thinking how much the repeated droney sound in the background of utrecht around 38:27 sounds like a sample of music from the Alien trailer. It first comes in at 37:40 pitched down but starts sounding really like it at 38:27, and i immediately think of Alien every time i here it. Pretty sure it's in the other sets as well.

This trailer btw, around 1:00 -

Guest bitroast

haha. the alien soundtrack song even sounds like crowd cheering .. which is normally thrown around alot in autechre live gigs as well / track 3 off untilted.

Holy Toledo

My mind continues to be blown on every re-listen. Dang!!! Holy ****

This is some next level dimension we're being sucked into with these beats.

Paranormal Activity 8: The Ae Dimension :catrecline: