IGNORED

AE_LIVE_requests_thread

Soloman Tump

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

not live requests but ..

some unedited tracks would be nice. album offshoots. versions. etc. stuff that u would generally assume people wouldn't pay for.

VL AL 5 + uviol unedited was nice delight. tad low quality to give too many listens tho. *hint hint* ty ty :) :)

Your uncle :pedobear: enjoyed those just fine in 96k mono and so will you!

j/k aside your theory has a bit of traction to it as Papa noted in a post in the Plaid subforum that "these artist-centric webstores may not just be for live material..."

If true I'd gladly make it rain for some of their harder-to-get odds 'n ends on digital vinyls, stuff like remixes (so many, sooo good), one-off compilation trax, we r are why, the 97 warp promo radio mix, etc. If not then no worries cuz fookin a autechre you've already dropped enough science for two lifetimes, cheers dudes

not live requests but ..

some unedited tracks would be nice. album offshoots. versions. etc. stuff that u would generally assume people wouldn't pay for.

VL AL 5 + uviol unedited was nice delight. tad low quality to give too many listens tho. *hint hint* ty ty :) :)

yeah good point, i totally forgot about those long versions. I feel like when they put out Quadrange was their first attempt at doing this, but maybe because the response of the that was so mixed they decided not to continue the approach (at least not for a while). I feel like if people were delivered something similar in theme now (alternate jams, united longer takes) they would be extremely receptive to them because we are no longer in Quaristice era Autechre sound ,we are in Post-Exai period which arguably is Autechre somewhat making a full circle approach back into the very mysterious/clinically manipulated sound design puzzle fun

didn't one of them mention in an interview a while back that there was a ton of unreleased stuff from around the time of Confield... and that the stuff that made it onto the Confield album were the more accessible tracks out of all the stuff they had? I'd love to hear some of the unreleased stuff from that time period.

2008 Quaristice set please

come on Sean and Rob, you have the set programmed into your machines, pls release! pls

I keep having to return to the low quality live recordings :(

Autechre Boiler Room LIVE.

nothing but black video for hour with this set.

now that i'd like to see. (in infra red).... imagine!

Yeah but all you would then see is everyone staring down at their mobile phones! You know what Boiler Room types are like :nacmat:

I know Ae must be fed up of hearing it but it'd be incredible if they uploaded any of the Quaristice sets. They play it coy when asked about the existence of a such a recording but i'm sure if they search the hard disks of one of their computers it's there somewhere. They've probably given it a stupid file name and it can't be recovered. Booth Brown pls

I know Ae must be fed up of hearing it but it'd be incredible if they uploaded any of the Quaristice sets. They play it coy when asked about the existence of a such a recording but i'm sure if they search the hard disks of one of their computers it's there somewhere. They've probably given it a stupid file name and it can't be recovered. Booth Brown pls

Well, even if there is no recording, like I said, I'm sure they still have the live set loaded raw into their elektrons so they could release that file

It's such an amazing set of music. I listen to the live recordings we have all the time but the quality is pretty poor.

I'm sure they still have the live set loaded raw into their elektrons so they could release that file

They'd still have to rehearse and then re-perform the music in real-time, which I can in no way imagine they'd be bothered to do. What's on the Elektrons/MPC/Nord is just patch data, sequences and samples.

Where did you get to hear those unedited tracks? Would love to too.

Also, autechre_losangeles_20080404 soundboard please. Will pay.

They were played during the 12-hr autechre.ws mix broadcast with the release of Quaristice... no idea where exactly they occur in the set though. Back then I extracted the 17-minute beast that is Uviol (never got around to VLAD5), could probably find & repost if interested. They're more alternate versions (ala Quaristice versions) rather than unedited tracks, at least uviol, which apart from the sound palette doesn't seem to share any passages with album version, Still beautiful yet menacing as fuck at the same time.. The ending on the broadcast version deconstructs beautifully IMHO though TBQH YMMV

They were played during the 12-hr autechre.ws mix broadcast with the release of Quaristice... no idea where exactly they occur in the set though. Back then I extracted the 17-minute beast that is Uviol (never got around to VLAD5), could probably find & repost if interested. They're more alternate versions (ala Quaristice versions) rather than unedited tracks, at least uviol, which apart from the sound palette doesn't seem to share any passages with album version, Still beautiful yet menacing as fuck at the same time.. The ending on the broadcast version deconstructs beautifully IMHO though TBQH YMMV

It would be great if you could repost it. Would love to hear it.

Archived