IGNORED

WATMM Secret Santa

tec

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I organised it a few years ago, and it was difficult getting sorted in time to arrange for intercontinental postage and coats etc.

A US / Europe //other continents if demand - split seems like a great way to take it forward.

Would people prefer to get someone and they also have you, like a gift swap, or would you prefer someone to get you and for you to have a completely different person? I know this kills the idea of the Santa being secret but it might work out better with posting, whilst also guilt-tripping people into making sure they actually send something.

Hmm, 13 posts in 2 years is little more than a lurker, I don't wish to sound like a dick even if that's how I am coming across.

No offence taken, i can understand your caution.

Hmm, 13 posts in 2 years is little more than a lurker, I don't wish to sound like a dick even if that's how I am coming across.

Unless you are rich / famous, in which case cool... Plz join the secret Santa and send some cool shit

Unless you are rich / famous, in which case cool... Plz join the secret Santa and send some cool shit

My mum knows me, is that enough for famous?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, gonna start finalising this soon, any more wish to take part? Also, any thoughts on the post below would be mega.

Would people prefer to get someone and they also have you, like a gift swap, or would you prefer someone to get you and for you to have a completely different person? I know this kills the idea of the Santa being secret but it might work out better with posting, whilst also guilt-tripping people into making sure they actually send something.

I'll be heading up WATMM Mid East solo this year, not even reliable postal service where I'll be. Oh well, I'll cry into my hot cocoa while trying to spend all the iTunes credit I'll undoubtedly receive lol.

Evening all, secret santa's have been selected through my highly technical and random method of writing names on paper, scrunching them into balls then shaking them in my hands until one falls out, so the PM's have been sent.

Have fun, I'll be revealing who got who at the end of January but please don't be tight and send nothing. You don't need to go mental, one year I got a DVD and the sender said it was a favourite of his and one I'd never have watched otherwise so the thought was very sweet.

Archived