IGNORED

Had an opportunity to record on a disklavier so I damn well took it!

Brisbot

I recently went back and recorded this track on the disk :). I recorded a few others, they may show.. in time. This one is my favorite though! There is a close second but I haven't mixed it yet, the recording is raw. Downloadable.

I basically make a sampler version of the song first, and then record it live on the disk, and mix it a bit better, some compression, a bit of verb, etc. I also touched up some parts that were lacking, or recorded kinda wonky. But this is mostly natural!

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/nostalgian-bungalow

love this one. seems like you're honing in on a process. have u thought about making 5-6 of these for a lil' release?

love this one. seems like you're honing in on a process. have u thought about making 5-6 of these for a lil' release?

Yes I have, though I only have 3 piano tracks I think are worth releasing, Nostalgian Bungalow, Black and white, and this older one:

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/coffee-is-a-girl-called-monday-1

I am also considering putting 1 or 2 on my upcoming album. So it's either 1 or 2 on the album, or an eventual 5/6 as a small EP.

I usually don't really enjoy or have patience for solo piano pieces but I really liked Nostalgian Bungalow and Black And White

I know what you mean. Whenever I'm working on piano stuff, I try to make it feel like it's evolving every second vs feeling too repetitive. I also try to make it inspire like.... imagery in your head? Like you can imagine a scene taking place to this track, if that makes sense.

Nostalgian Bungalow is super nice, really love the soft vibe. The ending is a bit abrupt tho IMO.

It didn't feel like it needed to be any longer than it is. I did try adding onto it, and suddenly it felt like it was too long.

I'm trying to encapsulate a feeling with the track, and with that in mind it feels as long as it needs to be, within my skills anyway. It's kinda hard to explain with words. There is no proper ending as the music is more backdrop type music, like it's a feeling meant to live on past when the compositions over. If that makes sense. O.o

What I was going for isn't what others will necessarily hear though so... *shrug*

Archived