IGNORED

Warcraft Film

delet...

i have to say im a bit stunned that Duncan Jones (who showed promise early on) got attached to this for so long.

a few things I noticed immediately

- extremely expensive CGI tentpole movie with zero expensive actors. Harkens back to the disaster of John Carter on Mars
- people have been doing Blizzard style CGI orcs in movies since Shrek and the aesthetic look of how they are in the movie seems cheesy as fuck and like a repeat of a creature model we've seen a shit load before.
- It doesnt feel as realistic as Avatar or a multitude of other movies with this many cgi characters.
- the franchise is guaranteed to make money regardless of the quality of the movie
- i would be shocked if this got over 50% on rotten tomatoes

WTF is the story even about? It doesn't seem to reference anything warcraft that happens in any of the games aside from the fact it has Orcs + Humans and Frostmourne in it.

Why they didn't just start from Reign of Chaos I just don't know. Warcraft III has my favorite story from any game I've played.

WTF is the story even about? It doesn't seem to reference anything warcraft that happens in any of the games aside from the fact it has Orcs + Humans and Frostmourne in it.

Why they didn't just start from Reign of Chaos I just don't know. Warcraft III has my favorite story from any game I've played.

its about a boy playing wow for the first time

this looks like the hobbit part 3, which was just boring CGI.
For WOW I was expecting something special to be honest, i mean its a huge franchise and this looks incredible boring & disappointing on many levels.

they should have taken inspiration from 80´s fantasy movies
VVrLhP9.jpg

this looks like the hobbit part 3, which was just boring CGI.

For WOW I was expecting something special to be honest, i mean its a huge franchise and this looks incredible boring & disappointing on many levels.

they should have taken inspiration from 80´s fantasy movies

VVrLhP9.jpg

Yeah, what it needs is even more misogyny.

I keed I keed

As a huge Warcraft fan, I'll definitely see this and am excited for it. The trailer looks pretty good, not amazing, but I'm still excited for it since trailers don't always capture the movies well anyway. I'm mostly interested in seeing how they capture the story on film.

how come the orcs aren't all green? I only played the original games, so maybe that was a thing in WoW?

The orcs only became green after a warlock named Gul'dan convinced/tricked them into drinking demon blood, which is filled with Fel Magic, which is green, which corrupted the orcs and turned their skin green too.

This movie's story is about how the orcs first came to Azeroth from their home planet of Draenor. This was the story of the first Warcraft game, titled Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. So they are starting from the beginning. A lot happened before Reign of Chaos. Saying you don't know why they didn't start on game number 3 is kinda strange to me. Maybe not to someone like George Lucas, but Blizzard apparently isn't thinking like George Lucas.

BCM, I play WoW too. I have 4 lvl 100s, all over 700 ilvl. My main is a male orc warrior at 715 ilvl. For a bit I was really into WoW, I used to lead my guild's raid for a while and it was great fun. But, since about a month ago, I don't raid anymore. I'm really excited for the next expansion: Legion.

• 9 months later...

It was ok. It would have been much better with extra 40 freaking minutes, which would also possibly solved the "drunk, last minute, on cocaine, cut that bullshit, pass me the joint, that will do" editing of the movie. Like srsly. 

But it got the atmosphere right. Really wow.

Chinise men from china told that they are a sequel.

Archived