IGNORED

DJ Blanketforts Mixes

blanketforts

Hi all-

I've been producing electronic music under various monikers for 20 years now, but I've also been doing my own weird form of DJing for just as long. Recently I posted a bunch of my more recent mixes up on Mixcloud. Almost all are done with VirtualDJ and they skew towards mostly beatmatched, though it's not a hard and fast rule that I have to beatmatch. (I've been affiliated with several radio stations over the years and so enjoy DJing in a "radio DJ" style as much as in a "club DJ" style). At the moment I've been calling my overall style "manic illbient." I won't explain that any further here....

Thought it would be best to link to my most recent mix (which I did in the middle of the night last night), mostly because it contains a number of WATMM artists. In fact the majority of the music featured is WATMM-related and/or was purchased through Bandcamp. As such there is a lot less beatmatching in this particular set (I was mostly focused on showcasing those artists).

There are a few exceptions to the "WATMM/Bandcamp" rule, most notably my 7-track Autechre megamix towards the end of the mix. As such the mix also serves the purpose of commemorating my 20 year anniversary of discovering and subsequently being obsessed with Ae. :)

Anyway, the mix is embedded below, followed by a link to my other mixes should you be interested.

Please enjoy! :music:

https://www.mixcloud.com/blanketforts/

Archived