IGNORED

Wisp - NRTHNDR Re-Issue

FLA FUR BIS FLE

I showed some snares to a female friend of mine last night, and she said, "I used to listen to music like this when I was 15-16." I was like, "Why'd you stop?" She replied, "To be honest, I was doing a lot of cheap drugs back then."

Guest bitroast

old quote:

"Perfect album, I really love everything about it. Must have played this in my car about 400 times before it occurred to me that I hadn't listened to anything else in ages. That to me, is what makes a record special. These days, people seem to forget the magic that is living with a record, absorbing it, knowing it, pitching a tent in the terrain it creates for you. For me this is one of those records, I just want to live in it, I want to wear it. It puts the lotion on it's skin."

^ That's a snares' quote?

I never thought he'd be into Wisp. I don't know why I wouldn't think that since Wisp = fucking great, just didn't think that'd be something Aaron would be into. Cool!

That's awesome! Don't know why it seemed strange to me, just couldn't picture Aaron chillin' to some beautiful Wisp melodies I guess (is that weird I think that? =/ )

making abrasive records doesn't mean all you listen to is abrasive music, and vice versa...

cool quote though, cheers for sharing!

I never thought he'd be into Wisp. I don't know why I wouldn't think that since Wisp = fucking great, just didn't think that'd be something Aaron would be into. Cool!

they toured together

Great album. Wisp is definately a cut above the rest when it comes to electronic jams. Maybe not up there with Afx, Ae, BoC but not far behind. And way above the neverending quagmire of electronic music. There's a lot of stuff that gets high ratings on RA and other websites and I think Wisp can knock them out the ball park. His new creations on Soundcloud are just perfect. But you know that anyway.

Seems strange that he remains and seems happy to be a watmm curio. Maybe thats a good thing. Maybe I've had a few :beer:

they toured together

Awesome! That would have been a show to see!

• 7 months later...

haven't bought the reissue or heard the new tracks but yeah this and body riddle were my lsd comedown jams back in the day. just chillin' laid back in the car surrounded in the sounds. still my favorite wisp release

All time classic. Still bump it in the whip to this day. Good shit, Reid. :0)

edit - just realized this thread was from the Fall, not sure how I missed it, but god damn.

• 1 year later...

Archived