IGNORED

antelope orion or universal audio apollo?

pcock

so, ive been making do with my saffire pro soundcards for about 8 years now, but its time to upgrade to something special. with a budget of around 1500, would you guys have any ideas? these two options seem like the best ones.

I had all sorts of troubles with audio interfaces (m-audio, presonus, even motu) until I bit the bullet and forked out a bit more for an rme fireface. Can wholly recommend rme - reliable on both OS X and windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My colleagues and I are about to buy an Antelope Orion for our recording studio. I didn't do it myself but my mate went through intensive internet researches and ended up choosing this one because it provides the best connectivity options for our budget. Actually can't say much about it but I think it's solid shit, just my two cents.

apollo has the added benefit of running the uad plugs - which are nice although quite expensive. sound quality is pretty decent on that one - haven't heard the orion to compare.

so, ive been making do with my saffire pro soundcards for about 8 years now, but its time to upgrade to something special. with a budget of around 1500, would you guys have any ideas? these two options seem like the best ones.

what do you need it to do? for example, inputs and outputs, phantom power, midi, sample rate, etc

what do you need it to do? for example, inputs and outputs, phantom power, midi, sample rate, etc

just looking for a good amount of similtaneous ins and outs with lowest possible latency and best sound quality.

Archived