IGNORED

Donovan Hikaru - CRS 2.1 (Dark Ambient, Conceptual, Left Field)

Lane Visitor

Hey all,

I finally decided to put this release out, which I'd describe as what it would sound like if David Koresh had stock music composer's creating a self-introspection/ meditation album in the late 90s using early digital software, drawing influences from SAW II and the work of William Basinki. Finished this release 4 months ago, and did a very one-of-a-kind project, where i released it only on cassette, and only pressed to 1 sole copy for a real life scavenger hunt I put together for it, but now I'd like to get it out there, so here it is:

A little backstory on CRS 2.1 (copied from the bandcamp release page):

CRS 2.1 is an originally-composed LP that exists as the 3rd part of a continuous series of music works related to the fraudulent corporation "Consumer Recreation Services" (CRS), from the David Fincher film, The Game.

This is the digital version of a secret cassette tape that was hidden in San Fransisco's Financial District, as the prize of a real-life scavenger hunt based on the film.

Hope you guys enjoy and would love to hear your thoughts! <3

https://donovanhikaru.bandcamp.com/album/crs-21

a2782774393_16.jpg

"Untitled 2" from the release:

More information on this release (sorry for the fuckton of links):

A photo-journal of the tape scavenger hunt published by the finder of the secret cassette :
imgur.com/a/uk4OE

Promo Video for the release:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvO86AAeyS8

The release page for CRS 2.0- the previous release in the CRS series, available for digital DL, and with more information on the backstory.
adhesivesounds.bandcamp.com/album/crs-20

• 3 weeks later...

Archived