IGNORED

? - twels

hello spiral

I am almost certain that the first track is Aphex Twin, though.

Mastering on the track seems way off for the phex. Sounds more like Monolith.

RE twels.

Can't tell spiral. It doesn't strike me as an autechre song. More like a Richard Devine trying to sound like the chre' to me. It's too mechanical and if you listen it's got a similar repetition to some of devine's tracks ala RISP. (check vaporwave acid, very similar sounds)

Not trolling, that's what it sounds like to me.

Edited by StephenG

twels does sound A LOT like autechre and i can see all those big artists contribute one or more tracks for a good cause

but even if they are not daaamn, i need to buy this album prontos

Faucon-titane... so good! The second part is a sort of Untilted collide with runrepik, and something new (the non-reference points, in the ae case, are, probably, more significant than the reference points..).

whoever was behind it, did a great piece. The whole compilation, at first glance, it seems pretty cool.

Faucon-Titane is definitely not AE. It's okay, but I can't imagine AE going that direction at all (though there are some similarities as AE35unit pointed out).

twels could be AE, and just the lowercase title is a bit of a tip that it may be them because that's the only one on the compilation not upper-cased (and they've obviously been pretty specific about stuff like that with track names). That said, it sounds kinda like it could be AE but if so it's a pretty weak track from them, IMO. It's just not a strong track period no matter who wrote it. I haven't heard a track yet on this comp that interests me, but I'm a jerk so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sent using magic space waves

as mentioned in the other thread, track 3 doesn't sound like ae to me at all.

twels: the stuttery crunchy sound design and the bassline, and most definitely the end part have strong ae vibes imo.

true, it's a bit more simple structured than usual, could be a really quick toplel spliffy-smokey jam... the pitch-modulated things that come up in the mid part seem a bit sloppy maybe, this is one sign where I'd say it might be someone else. but I'll go with this being deliberate ae sidetracking. I like it no matter who made this tho.

but srsly twels just must be in reference to twelb. TWELB

Edited by Guest

as mentioned in the other thread, track 3 doesn't sound like ae to me at all.

twels: the stuttery crunchy sound design and the bassline, and most definitely the end part have strong ae vibes imo.

true, it's a bit more simple structured than usual, could be a really quick toplel spliffy-smokey jam... the pitch-modulated things that come up in the mid part seem a bit sloppy maybe, this is one sign where I'd say it might be someone else. but I'll go with this being deliberate ae sidetracking. I like it no matter who made this tho.

but srsly twels just must be in reference to twelb. TWELB

i agree + even if it would be a jam it would probably have a twisted structure, like the four recently published jams.

second listen here and I don't believe it can be Autechre anymore.

But yeah, whatever

I'm re-listening.

Twels.

As usually happens in the ae songs - even those that appear simplest - with the passing of time I take in Twels, relations between sound and sound that, in the early plays, seemed independent and not intended to form part of melodies. It may not be one of their songs - not even said there is actually one of their songs in the comp.- but it's sure I like more and more this, I like how the elements in the second line grow, enrich themselves and become complicated, responding to each other despite time remains regular. The Oberman Knocks remix, although more epic, convulsive, abstract (...okay, it's completely different in attitude) shares, distantly, the genes with this construction. If it is a fake, it's a perfect fake to me, made by someone with big bales.

I'm currently getting more the idea that it's a compilation about artists doing impressions of other (wellknown) artists... (we've been trolled)

That would actually make more sense. Anyway, Faucon-Titane must be Syl Kougai, but who could do twels? I have no idea, Devine doesn't sound like this, it has the chill quality i've never heard in his tracks.

Guest bitroast

IDM expert bitroast chimes in to say ..

track 3 sounds like 2010 autechre live set to me. but overall doesn't exactly sound like an autechre song.

(my first thought was vsnares and then the song goes all 2010 autechre-y with the space sirens and i dunno?).

if anyone can id track 3, thatd be sweet cos it does at times evoke autechre.

((autechre and vsnares collab.. again??)) probably not, lol.

track 6 seems more likely to be current gen 2015 autechre.

also, i thought track 1 was wisp but tbh it could be anyone. the production style definitely doesn't remind me of anything afx.

It's not Ae.

The overall sound production is very different (this one's bathing in reverb and sounds quite muddy)

There are "dub techno" chord stabs embedded into the rhythmic pattern that Ae don't use as such

The track is too short and cuts abruptly, with very little development

The glitched part of the rhythm isn't modulated as much but quite static, sounds harshly-edged and repetitive

The intro utilises some hi-pass FFT filtered noise, with a very simplistic automation applied to it

But "most importantly": The entire track has hiss, like a Basic Channel or Deepchord track

I need braekfast

Edited by IOS