IGNORED

The Hafler Trio, Live in London, 23rd January

hello spiral

12360159_10153113176931876_9077984767606

THE HAFLER TRIO
a TRILOGY in THREE PARTS

In the first live peformance in the UK in over 10 years, The Hafler Trio perform a three hour surround sound set of deep listening hypnotic, sublime and exhilarating drone music.

Tickets http://www.seetickets.com/event/the-hafler-trio-a-trilogy-in-three-parts/st-leonards-church/934813

Doors open at 2:45pm
Due to location, limited seats available

This is the UK premiere of
•Cleave: 9 Great Openings
•No Man Put Asunder: 7 Fruitful And Seamless Unions
•No More Twain, Of One Flesh:11 Unequivocal Obsecrations

https://www.facebook.com/events/510167305809458/

Did anyone go to his talk and/or workshop and/or live 12-or-so hour performance last year? Is he still just doing paulstretch type drones or has he changed things up again? Wondering whether to go to this but 3 hours of 'Justin Bieber U Smile ambient(800% slower)' might be a bit too much for me.

Ah just seen the release dates of the trilogy as I thought he was done with releases. Makes sense RE the drone style as it was around the period of his Exactly as I Do, Am, Say trilogy which was kinda the same thing but with Sigur Ros' Jonsi's voice. I mean don't get me wrong, I did like them just I felt I'd heard enough of them !

Yeah eventually you become a bit stuffed with his later things. I def prefer the Cleave Trilogy to the Jonsi ones though.

Cleave was originally a wedding present to two friends who were marrying each other (Cleave meaning to join as well as split)and they came packaged like Wedding invitations.

The 2nd volume, No Man Put Asunder: 7 Fruitful and Seamless Unions, was my bedtime album for quite few years. Something which, if AM were to know, would piss him off to no end lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol

The reason given was 'travel debacles from hell'

Some other choice quotes from the event page on FB:

who the f*** cares? would have been shite anyway.

know right; an egomaniac shut-in pretending he can play live.

He probably forgot all about it until the promoter left him a message this morning. Dozy pot-head.!

The man himself had this to say

CANCELLED. many apologies to all concerned, but 11 hours traveling trying to get a plane resulted in failure. thank you, Latvian bus system.

http://simply-superior.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/nowhere-to-run-while-sitting.html

Archived