IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

WeAreOceans

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

semi-related, interview with Eric André (of the Eric André Show) talks musical ambitions and love of Snares.

handcrafed_artisanal_despair_Page_08_Ima

I’m playing around. I downloaded Ableton and I’ve been making insufferable, un-listenable electronic music on my computer, but just for fun. I do want to start a fake record label and put out a bunch of bullshit music that only I like.

Is there kind of an intersection between the music that you like and the comedy that you perform?

Yeah. I think so, big time. I really like Death Grips and Venetian Snares and really wild and erratic music. I love a lot of the stuff on Stones Throw, J Dilla, Madlib and stuff like that. That’s all the stuff I write too. I write really erratic jazz.

Full interview here: http://splitsider.com/2016/02/eric-andre-treats-his-talk-show-like-a-temp-job/

an interview between André and Aaron would make for awkward television.

https://youtu.be/UEqwLWwbkuM

semi-related, interview with Eric André (of the Eric André Show) talks musical ambitions and love of Snares.

handcrafed_artisanal_despair_Page_08_Ima

I’m playing around. I downloaded Ableton and I’ve been making insufferable, un-listenable electronic music on my computer, but just for fun. I do want to start a fake record label and put out a bunch of bullshit music that only I like.

Is there kind of an intersection between the music that you like and the comedy that you perform?

Yeah. I think so, big time. I really like Death Grips and Venetian Snares and really wild and erratic music. I love a lot of the stuff on Stones Throw, J Dilla, Madlib and stuff like that. That’s all the stuff I write too. I write really erratic jazz.

Full interview here: http://splitsider.com/2016/02/eric-andre-treats-his-talk-show-like-a-temp-job/

an interview between André and Aaron would make for awkward television.

https://youtu.be/UEqwLWwbkuM

ha amazing, really like his end of season episode meltdowns

"Here's a taste of what I will be performing on tour this year!"

Is this track not new or something?

Surprised no one's even mentioned it, it's ite

He posted it a few months back I think. It might be in the "help vsnares" thread. And yeah it's nice, reminds me of Datachi a bit.

Ah right that makes more sense, i thought it was a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

I would still like to know how many copies of the CD say

Slightly Best Fork Tong v2 rather than Slightly Bent Fork Tong v2

Is it a 1st print, then maybee the 2nd print has the correct track name

i'm glad i finally got this, VxSx is en plein forme on this one and the sounds are so fucking beautifull!!

such a good album, i can't wait what he brings next

mooooom i got like 100 venetian snares ablums

i'm glad i finally got this, VxSx is en plein forme on this one and the sounds are so fucking beautifull!!

such a good album, i can't wait what he brings next

mooooom i got like 100 venetian snares ablums

It really is a wicked album. Some nice attention to detail, wicked melodies, big badass sounds throughout.

Some had commented that they didn't like the weird fluttery percussive thing throughout but it provided some continuity through the album, made it an album proper for me (I usually consider his albums to be more compilations of tracks than an "album", if that makes any sense?).

10/10 for me.

^ straight up wicked album, i kinda have the same feeling as when i first heard huge chrome cilinder box unfolding back in the day, absolute madness with the dankest sounds, can't stop replaying

• 2 weeks later...

So has anybody managed to catch his live show yet? His set at BangFace was... well, some guy next to me put it as "unusual". It was a LOT like that "He Shit Out His Own Skeleton" tune and not much else for the full hour. Scheduling some analogue wankery as the final set for BF probably didn't help but I wouldn't rush back... curious to know yall thoughts if you have/will catch his show.

The 'dumbass' had a point stashed away in the incomprehensible garble....the blurb that goes with the track is total nonsense...

When we listen to a piece of music, our minds are constantly anticipating what will come next. Melody, structure, and repetition allow us to have expectations of what will follow, and how a piece meets or defies our expectations determines in large part our overall impression.

What happens when melody, repetition, and structure are removed from a song? Our ability to predict what comes next is destroyed. You can't imagine the future - you can't remember the past. We can exist only moment to moment. This music is impossible to get stuck in your head, it's impossible to recall once it's finished. All that remains is the experience.

Love Snares and ready for more of the mad stuff....

Guest WNS000

Even a track "without" (this is a very subjective word in this context as I believe structure, melody, rhythm and harmony is basically in every sound in various degrees and therefore in any piece of music) "melody, repetition and structure" can be learned and memorized because we usually can listen to those tracks more than once in a lifetime.

• 3 weeks later...

what was this? removed now.

wtf?

Just searched for it again and it's not there. It was an interview with snares and a lady friend who both appeared to be under the influence of something. It sounded like it was on a french radio station. His answers were terse, strange, and he played a song on the xylophone called "Christmas for goats".

Archived