IGNORED

More progress not working.

MichaelListon

This is really good, you owe it to yourself to finish it!

On the flipside, you can't force it either. I sometimes get like this, and it's often because I'm not sure what I want from the song, or why I'm making it in the first place... So if the intent isn't there, then neither is the impetus to finish it.

That's a really lovely little piece already. If I were writing the track I'd probably take that first melody (that high, bright, percussive bit) and try and let it grow into something else; maybe a simple change in the underlying chord progression could suggest a new melody (it often starts me in the right direction at the least). With a new melody to drive the song elsewhere I'm sure the rest will fall into place. Again, it really is a nice moody track. I wouldn't want you to change it too far, the feel of it is already great.

• 8 months later...

This is great!! Beautiful!! Seriously! I'd listen to an entire album with material like this!

If I had time for it I would have loved to do a remix of this track ;)

This is great!! Beautiful!! Seriously! I'd listen to an entire album with material like this!

If I had time for it I would have loved to do a remix of this track ;)

Thank you very much Squee, you have no idea how much that comment has genuinely made my day! Thank you for taking the time to listen.

This is really cool. I'd probably fade in a little bit faster than you currently do personally.

Huge fan of the bass synth, and the little bubbly texture you've got dancing around (~1:10)

Also, I think I subconsciously took your advice HauntingSoul! Hope you like it better now!

the drums coming in took me by surprise in a good way, i like where you were going with this, it's really good

i think it's hard to say whether something is finished or not. of course, you could go further with it, but you could go further until it's 10 minutes long or something, and at that point it's would probably start being overkill.

Archived