IGNORED

WeeklyBeats 2018!!

modey

edit: it's back for 2018!

I remember a few people here joined in on the WB fun back in 2014, so I thought I'd post about it again since it's back again for 2016. Who's in? I'm hoping to use it as a way to get more familiar with the new hardware I've acquired over the past year or so, and to build up some good patterns on my monomachine for live gigs.

http://weeklybeats.com/

Edited by modey

You could probably make your contribution in the time it took you to open the thread and post that.

/bed waving cat smilie

And I'm neither registering nor contributing, so this wasn't also a pressure post as well as naked admiration for your productivity.

At first I was like "there's no way I could do so much music". But then I thought it could be nice to kick myself in the ass and try to pull some music out instead of losing time thinking about what's possible or impossible. I'm in :) !

I did this 2014 and it was awesome. It really helped me to finish tracks - many of which ended up on an album. I don't think I'm going to do it this year, but I'd recommend it for anyone struggling with productivity. Just get something done every week.

Edited by weakmassive

I did this 2014 and it was awesome. It really helped me to finish tracks - many of which ended up on an album. I don't think I'm going to do it this year, but I'd recommend it for anyone struggling with productivity. Just get something done every week.

That's what I was hoping for and I've read a few comments along the same lines. Great. This will help me learn the Monomachine better, too, as I've had it for a year and I'm only now realizing what a beast it really is.

I signed up, always the optimist. A (minimum) one minute beat a week should be doable.

Failure imminent!

That's what I was hoping for and I've read a few comments along the same lines. Great. This will help me learn the Monomachine better, too, as I've had it for a year and I'm only now realizing what a beast it really is.

I'm thinking about doing some hardware restrictions for the challenge as well, like doing everything on my MPC. Or buying Reaktor and making a song every week showing my learning curve of the software. I think it might be the most interesting approach to such a challenge, but it can also be a pain in the ass to work on the exact same setup every week for a year...

trash80 says:

"Its not broken, you can not upload the same day the week starts. If someone already has a track done before the week has started, it's not in the spirit of the site. :wink: "

Edited by modey

I was trying to do some small releases with quick/minimal composition techniques, the weekly beats thing might be the thing to kick that into gear or serve as fodder for larger releases. If I can get a quick workflow and easy quality recording setup from my hardware going this week I just might do this.

Definitely, I'd love to keep up with what everybody is doing, maybe some collabs/remixes down the line if all goes well?